Posted by abby on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 4:00pm.
what is a symbol used in writing?
social studies - Elle, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 4:07pm
Are you asking about symbols used in ancient writing?
If you are, an example is hieroglyphics (don't trust me that I spelled that right).
Hope I helped you!
social studies - abby, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 4:24pm
social studies - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 4:41pm
There was also cuneiform writing.
And today there are various alphabets and symbol systems. Ours (in modern day English) is referred to as the Roman alphabet although ours has a couple of letters the Romans didn't have.
and there are many others.
Our modern English alphabet has 26 pairs of symbols for letters (sounds) and ten symbols for numbers.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Social Studies - How is your social studies instruction utilizing reading, ...
- religious studies - where is a hindu's place of worship? what is there sacred ...
- evironmental and social studies - explain with a diagrammatic illustration,the ...
- social studies - how is the Great Wall of China a national symbol today?
- Social Studies - I need some sites to help me understand the differences between...
- NHD (Social Studies) - Please help me out on answering this question: For a ...
- Social Studies - How has history been recorded in Southern and Eastern Africa? a...
- GED - Is the English Writing test the most difficult GED test? I find Math easy...
- math - evaluate the expressions below and leave them in radical form. 1. sin(pie...
- Social Studies - I'm writing an essay on North Korea. A few years ago in Social ...