Posted by Maria on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 2:25pm.
I need help rewriting this sentence.
There has been an ongoing controversy in Canada on whether the drinking age should be lowered to eighteen like most of the world (Russia, Argentina, Hong Kong, etc.) or if it should stay at nineteen.
using this techniques:
one person's experience
i am very confused :(
english - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 2:46pm
To use those techniques, you sentence no doubt will run into a short essay. Perhaps that is the assignment.
This site can help you with facts.
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 2:46pm
In one sentence??
Try this: Write a sentence for each of the techniques. Then repost and we'll see what you have.
english - Maria, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 3:05pm
question: Isn't it strange that an eighteen years old can cross the border from Ottawa to Quebec and drink legally?
Shocking statistics: The onlty country that drinking age is strictly nineteen is South Korea.
One person's experience: I have proof that eighteen years olds use fake identification cards to purchase alcohol.
Is this what you ment?
english - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 3:07pm
To add to your question: Isn't it strange that a 20-year-old can cross from Ontario to Michigan and not be able to drink?
English - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 3:21pm
Now -- please clarify your assignment if you can. Are you supposed to rewrite the sentence in each of those ways? Or are you to rewrite the sentence including all those ways?
Frankly, I don't think combining all those into one sentence would be very good. You could, however, write them all up and make them one paragraph.
Give it a try.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- english - Hi, can someone please revise my essay. I'd really appriciate any ...
- english - Does anyone have any ideas for an UNpersuasive essay? Instead of doing...
- English - I'm writing an essay. Is this semi-colon used appropriately or should ...
- Global Issues (ms.sue) - It is a known fact that all though there are some ...
- English - What should we do to live a healthy life? Let me tell you about what ...
- English - Writeacher, as to sentence 2 should I stick to the present perfect? ...
- government - I need to ask at least 10 people the 20 polling questions below for...
- Social Studies - Which area is considered to be the most densely populated? a. ...
- English - A-Polygamy should be legalized. B-The voting age should be lowered to ...
- Please check my english hw - The ALL CAP words are used incorrectly. Choose the ...