Posted by Maria on Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 2:25pm.
I need help rewriting this sentence.
There has been an ongoing controversy in Canada on whether the drinking age should be lowered to eighteen like most of the world (Russia, Argentina, Hong Kong, etc.) or if it should stay at nineteen.
using this techniques:
one person's experience
i am very confused :(
- english - bobpursley, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 2:46pm
To use those techniques, you sentence no doubt will run into a short essay. Perhaps that is the assignment.
This site can help you with facts.
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 2:46pm
In one sentence??
Try this: Write a sentence for each of the techniques. Then repost and we'll see what you have.
- english - Maria, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 3:05pm
question: Isn't it strange that an eighteen years old can cross the border from Ottawa to Quebec and drink legally?
Shocking statistics: The onlty country that drinking age is strictly nineteen is South Korea.
One person's experience: I have proof that eighteen years olds use fake identification cards to purchase alcohol.
Is this what you ment?
- english - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 3:07pm
To add to your question: Isn't it strange that a 20-year-old can cross from Ontario to Michigan and not be able to drink?
- English - Writeacher, Tuesday, January 20, 2009 at 3:21pm
Now -- please clarify your assignment if you can. Are you supposed to rewrite the sentence in each of those ways? Or are you to rewrite the sentence including all those ways?
Frankly, I don't think combining all those into one sentence would be very good. You could, however, write them all up and make them one paragraph.
Give it a try.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- english - Hi, can someone please revise my essay. I'd really appriciate any ...
- english - Does anyone have any ideas for an UNpersuasive essay? Instead of doing...
- English - I'm writing an essay. Is this semi-colon used appropriately or should ...
- macroeconomics - What is the World Bank advising businesses in Singapore and ...
- Global Issues (ms.sue) - It is a known fact that all though there are some ...
- Business Communications - Your boss wants to send a brief email message ...
- business communication - Your boss wants to send a brief email message welcoming...
- English - Writeacher, as to sentence 2 should I stick to the present perfect? ...
- English - I urgently need you to check these sentences on a trip description. I ...
- English - I need to match a sentence from group A with one from group B that is ...