Posted by vero on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:29pm.
A bag soccer balls contains 8 balls with black design and 7 balls with red design with no other types of soccer balls. Coach graves reaches into the bag and randomly pulls out two soccer balls.
please check my answer
a) explain these events are either dependent or independent.
i think this is independent because the coach just randomly chooses the ball.
b) what is the propability both of the balls will be the ame design color?
is it 98/15.....
algebra...urgent help - Reiny, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:34pm
algebra...urgent help - Damon, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:42pm
The result of the second reach into the bag depends on the result of the first reach.
For example if the coach pulled a black one first, then for the second there would be 7 black and 7 red.
probability first one black = 8/15
then probability second one black = 7/14
so 8/15 * 7/14 for both black
probability first one not black = 7/15
probability second one not black = 6/14
so 7/15 * 6/14 for both white
add those two.
8/15 * 7/14 + 7/15 * 6/14
= (1/15)(56/14 + 42/14) = (1/15)(98/14)
= 98/210 = 49/105
algebra...urgent help - Damon, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:43pm
Oh, 49/105 = 7/15
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A bag soccer balls contains 8 balls with black design and 7 balls with ...
- Maths - Bag A contains 2 white, 1 black and 3 red balls, Bag B contains 3 white...
- Math - A bag contains three black balls, four white balls and five red balls. ...
- MATH HELP!! - There are six balls in the bag. Two are basketballs, three are ...
- MATH 12 HELP! - One bag contains 4 white balls and 6 black balls. Another bag ...
- Math - A bag contains 33 balls: 10 blue, 11 red, and 12 green. If a person will ...
- Math - A bag contains 33 balls: 10 blue 11 red and 12 green If a person will ...
- Maths - Somebody please solve this A bag contains 5 red balls 4 blue balls and m...
- GEOMETRY - from a bag containing 6 white balls, 3 black balls and 13 red balls, ...
- Math for the middle school and elementary teacher - 3 red balls, 4 green balls, ...