Posted by vero on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:29pm.
A bag soccer balls contains 8 balls with black design and 7 balls with red design with no other types of soccer balls. Coach graves reaches into the bag and randomly pulls out two soccer balls.
please check my answer
a) explain these events are either dependent or independent.
i think this is independent because the coach just randomly chooses the ball.
b) what is the propability both of the balls will be the ame design color?
is it 98/15.....
- algebra...urgent help - Reiny, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:34pm
- algebra...urgent help - Damon, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:42pm
The result of the second reach into the bag depends on the result of the first reach.
For example if the coach pulled a black one first, then for the second there would be 7 black and 7 red.
probability first one black = 8/15
then probability second one black = 7/14
so 8/15 * 7/14 for both black
probability first one not black = 7/15
probability second one not black = 6/14
so 7/15 * 6/14 for both white
add those two.
8/15 * 7/14 + 7/15 * 6/14
= (1/15)(56/14 + 42/14) = (1/15)(98/14)
= 98/210 = 49/105
- algebra...urgent help - Damon, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 9:43pm
Oh, 49/105 = 7/15
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - A bag soccer balls contains 8 balls with black design and 7 balls with ...
- Maths - Bag A contains 2 white, 1 black and 3 red balls, Bag B contains 3 white...
- MATH 12 HELP! - One bag contains 4 white balls and 6 black balls. Another bag ...
- Math - A bag contains three black balls, four white balls and five red balls. ...
- Math - A bag contains 33 balls: 10 blue, 11 red, and 12 green. If a person will ...
- Math - A bag contains 33 balls: 10 blue 11 red and 12 green If a person will ...
- IT/210 CheckPoint Iteration Control Structure - Need help with this! Uses a ...
- Math for the middle school and elementary teacher - 3 red balls, 4 green balls, ...
- Statistics HELP - There are two bags each containing red balls and yellow balls...
- FINITE - selection of colored balls from two bags. Assume that each bag contains...