Posted by Spongebob on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 5:56pm.
1.The group that has the sole powerto begin impeachment hearings is
B. Supreme court
C. House of representatives
D. The president's cabinet
2. All of the followig are powers of the president execpt:
A. Declaring war
B. Giving the state of the union address
C. enforcing the laws
D. Granting pardons
3. Article 3 deals with
A. The executive branch
B. The legislative branch
C. The judicial branch
D. The rights of an individual
4. How long are the terms of the president and vice president
A. two years
B. four years
C. six years
5.What is the introduction to the constitution called
A. The bill of rights
B. Article 1
C. The bill of rights
6. Mrs. Green goes to vote in the next congressional electon. The election official looks at her and says "woman, get out of here. You know you can't vote. Females don't have any right to vote." What amendment does this violate?
A. Amendment 15
B. Amendment 24
C. Amendment 19
D. Amendment 26
7. Who is not in the executive branch
B. vice president
C. chief justice
D. cabinet officers
8. Before our country was formed, the king of england often kept people as prisoners without putting them on trial for years. The people that founded our country ensured that could not happen in the united states by passing an amendment that made keeping people in jail without giving them a fair and speedy trial illegal. What amendment states that I have the right to a fair and speedy trial
A. Amendment 4
B. Amendment 5
C. Amendment 6
D. Amendment 7
9. Amendment 26 gave this group the right to vote:
C. eighteen year olds
D. none of the above
- History (continued) - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 6:10pm
All are right! :-)
Answer this Question
Check my american gov. work - The group that has the sole power to begin ...
Pol 201 American National Goverment - Please help The weaknesses of the Articles...
us history- please help - 1. The job of the Congress is to __________. Is it to ...
Social Studies - A-Cabinet B-Checks and Balances C-Commander in Chief D-...
American National Government - Can someone help me with these two questions? ...
government - if no presidential candidate wins a majority of the electoral votes...
civics - Cabinet members are nominated by the President and confirmed by ...
U.S History - which action is an example of the system of checks and balances? ...
Government Check - 1.)The President's power to veto congressional ...
History - Could you check my paper for social studies? I was on here before it...
For Further Reading