Posted by Spongebob on .
Could you check my paper for social studies? I was on here before it's not a test sorry for saying it was a test but it's not. Thanks for your time and if one is wrong could you please give me a link to the particular question.
1.The ----- court is the highest in the nation.
A. Divorce B. Supreme C. Appeals D. Federal
2. Which of the following is not one of the three branches of government.
A. Legislative B. Military C. Jidicial D. Executive
3. The responsibility of the legislative branch is to:
A. Interpret the laws B. Enforce the laws C. Make the laws D. None of the above
4. What statement is true about the legislative branch.
A. It is divided into a senate and a house of representatives
B. Members are selected for life
C. It has no real authority
D. It is more powerful than any other branch of government
5. The president is elected by---
A. The electoral college
B. A direct vote of the citizens
C. The legislatures of the various states
D. The majority of representatives from the house of representatives and the senate
6. At most how many total years can a person be president
A. Twelve years B. Six years C. for life D. ten years
7. Membership in the house of reprensentatives is determined by:
A. square miles of the state
B. population of the state
C. taxes paid by the state
D. all states have two members
8. What is the supreme law of the land
A. the constitution
B. the bill of rights
C. the 1st amendment
D. state constitutions
9. The officer who presides over the senate when the vice president is away is known as:
A. the chairman
B. the majority leader
C. The speaker
D. the president pro-tempore
They are all right. :-)