Posted by phil on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 2:50pm.
1. The Filipino insurrection led by the Aquinaldo was the result of
a. the senate vote ratyfing the treaty of paris ending the spanish american war
b. the extension of american military occupation of manila to the entire archipelago
2. The american fighting during the spanish civil war was handicapped by all of the following except
a. an unwilligness to engage in hard fighting
b. antiquated equipment
3.Which best describes the US foreign relations or policies for the entire 19th cnetury
a. american foreign policy frequently became entwined in the issues raised by conflicts between european powers
b. the united states maintained a small military and naval establishment because of our preoccupation afforded by the oceans and the existance of weak neighbors on our borders
c. we protected north, central, and south america against european conquer
I think 1 is A, 2 is B and 3 is C
- history - casey, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 2:55pm
for 1 im not sure for 2 i think its b and for 3 its c
- history - phil, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 3:02pm
can someone else please help me
- history - Katie, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 3:12pm
So for number 1 I would go with b... question 2 I went with b because "antiquated" means old fashioned and wedidn't have old equipment to handicap us...and question 3... I'm sorry I'm not sure about that one but I'll try looking for it! When I find the answer I'll let you know if you still need help!
- history - phil, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 3:16pm
why is 1 B didn't they rebel because the us refused to give the filipinos their indepdence
- history - Katie, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 3:32pm
I looked in my AP American textbook and it says that "The liberty-loving Filipinos assumed that they, like the Cubans, would be granted their freedom after the Spanish-American War. They were tragically deceived. Washington excluded them from the peace negotiations with Spain and made clear its intention to stay in the Philippines indefinitely. Bitterness toward the occupying American troops erupted into open insurrection on February 4, 1899, under Emilio Aguinaldo." So that's why I would say that number 1 is b. I hope that helps you out!
- history - Katie, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 6:29pm
hey so for question 3 i would go with a b/c while North, Central and South America against European conquest with the Monroe Doctrine...it wasn't what we did for the ENTIRE 19th century. We got involved with Hawaii, Latin America, and Cuba...all countries that were having conflicts with European powers. So I'd say a is the answer! Sorry that took me a while! :)
Answer this Question
- social studies; AP US - The Filipino insurrection led by the Aquinaldo was the ...
- American History - Following the Spanish-American War, and especially in ...
- American History - Following the Spanish -American War. and espeacially in ...
- Social Studies - Following the Spanish-American War, and especially in regard ...
- Social Studies - Following the Spanish-American War, and especially in regard to...
- world history - when Woodrow Wilson returned from Paris with the Treaty of ...
- american history - Following the Spanish-American War, and especially in regard ...
- US History I - What are the main events leading to the Spanish-American War? ...
- history - The Philippine-American war was A) a minor event for americans B) more...
- Us. History Help!!! - 1. The British recognized the United States as an ...