Posted by Saira on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 2:45pm.
Rank these liquids by their expected surface tension.
Rank from greatest to least surface tension.
So as Dr. Bob mentioned to me before surface tension is how the surface molecules stick together. Does that mean 1 has the highest surface tension.
CHemistry...Please help - DrBob222, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 5:12pm
I would think 4 would have the highest surface tension because you have three OH groups and that will provide more opportunities for hydrogen bond formation. With that in mind, note that #3 has two OH groups, #2 has 1 OH group, and #1 has no OH groups.
CHemistry...Please help - bw, Wednesday, March 3, 2010 at 4:53pm
rank in order of most oh groups to least that will be the same as highest surface tension to lowest
CHemistry...Please help - a, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 6:34pm
CHemistry...Please help - mimi, Monday, November 29, 2010 at 8:58pm
4,3,2,1 is the right answer the more OH group the highest surface tension.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - how do i plot the gibbs isotherm equation in excel given ...
- Physics-Please Help Me!! - 5.Assuming the surface tension of water is .073 N/m, ...
- chemistry - Why is it possible to float a pin on the surface of water? A. The ...
- Chemistry..Please Help - 1. The vapor pressure of dichloromethane, CH2Cl2, at 0C...
- physics - 5.Assuming the surface tension of water is .073 N/m, what is the ...
- Physics - 5.Assuming the surface tension of water is .073 N/m, what is the force...
- Chemistry - A. The molecules of water on the surface change bonding as they dry...
- physical chemistry - how can i get the critical temperature of CO2 given a set ...
- Physics - What is surface tension and what does tension in surface mean. ...
- chemistry - Sodium dodecyl sulfate (SDS) has the structure below. The surface ...