Posted by Mary on Monday, January 19, 2009 at 4:03am.
Graph the polar equation: 2=r cos(theta + 180)
2=r(costheta cos180+sintheta sin180)
2=r(1/2costheta +pi+ pi sintheta)
2=1/2rcostheta + pi rsintheta
2=1/2x+ pi y
0= x + pi-4
how do i graph?
- pre-calculus - Damon, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 6:19am
trig identity is
cos (a+b) = cos a cos b - sin a sin b
I think you have the sign wrong.
use pi radians for 180 deg
let t = theta
2 = r (cos t cos pi - sin t sin pi)
cos pi = -1 and sin pi = 0
2 = r (- cos t)
r cos t = -2
x = -2
vertical line through x = -2
note y = r sin t
so y = (-2/cos t)sin t
y = -2 tan t
tan t takes all values from -oo to +oo as t goes from 0 to 2 pi. In other words the entire vertical line.
- pre-calculus - Mary, Monday, January 19, 2009 at 6:43am
Thank you I understand now.
- xwao evroyiasq - xwao evroyiasq, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 10:05pm
kgovslri puljv nemdh eftio guos ouivrzye ztryihecl
Answer this Question
- Polar equations - Help? - i need to graph the polar equation 2 = r cos (theta + ...
- Science - Given seccant of thata = 3, use trigonometric identities to find the ...
- math - Find the values of theta (0,2pi) that satisfy sin theta= square root 3 ...
- maths trigonometry - if cottheta=7/8 then what is the value of 1+costheta/1-...
- math - what does the polar equation r=1/(sintheta + costheta) represent? how do ...
- differentiate - A = 1/2 ab Sinè How is dA/dt related to da/dt, db/dt and dè/dt ...
- Pre-calculus; urgent ! Please help ! - 1.Graph the polar equation r=3-2sin(theta...
- Pre-Calculus - Please check: 1.Find polar equation of x^2 + y^2 = 10y r^2 for x^...
- Pre-calculus HELP PLASE ! - 1.Write the rectangular equation in polar form. (x...
- Precalc HELP PLEASE - verify 1-sintheta * costheta * tantheta = cos^2theta