Posted by Michele on Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:29pm.
For my english class we have to write a one page essay about What is the most significant gift that we wish to give ourself this semester. I posted what I had yesterday and you responded back. I took your advice and changed my entire paper. I was wondering if it's better, what I should add or take out, and any grammar mistakes. I really appreciate your time and help.
What is the most significant gift that you wish to give yourself this semester?
The most significant gift that I wish to give myself this semester would be better writing skills because they will last forever. I have always been a pretty good writer, but my writing always seems to lack that wow factor. There is always room for improving because writing never goes away. Over the course of the semester, I want to learn how to make my writings the best that they can be. To help me reach my expectations I need to start on the paper the day that it's assigned instead of waiting until the night before it's due. I tend to sit at my computer and type whatever comes to my mind without doing a rough copy ahead of time. I have always had a problem with long sentences and using big words that people don't understand. To make my writings sound better I need to break my thoughts into shorter sentences so what I'm trying to say is clearly understood by the reader. Learning to use words that everyone understands will be a challenge but I don't want the reader to be distracted and lose interest in the rest of my writing. In my 1180 English class I lost most of my points for grammar. Learning different ways to improve my grammar will definitely make my writings sound a lot of better. I'm very determined to put everything that I have into this gift that I want to give myself so I can always say “ I can write like that”.
- English (Follow up From Yesterday) - Alex B., Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:47pm
instead of rough copy say rough draft. Instead of alot of take out the of and just say alot better. Your paragraph is excellent and I may not be a teacher but I have a 3.75 GPA and I know alot about writing I write every single day practicly. If I was a teacher I would give your paragraph an A+
- English (Follow up From Yesterday) - Writeacher, Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:47pm
I like your improved essay! Fantastic!!
I'd use the word "writing" instead of "writings," though.
Start in by learning the basic comma uses -- and apply them to this paragraph!
[The Index at this website is fantastic; you should be able to find all grammar and writing topics you need help with.]
Read your paper aloud to someone -- or have that person read it aloud to you. You'll hear where you need to make corrections -- where the reader stumbles and has to reread anything.
- English (Follow up From Yesterday) - Writeacher, Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:49pm
Please, Alex -- it's "a lot" (not "alot").
- English (Follow up From Yesterday) - Alex B., Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:50pm
oh sorry for the mistake "my bad"
- English (Follow up From Yesterday) - Writeacher, Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:53pm
No problem. The point is to learn new things!!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- English - For my english class we have to write a one page essay about What is ...
- English - I have to write a seven page term paper about the History of Ireland (...
- English - I have to write a two page essay about Obesity. I wrote about half of ...
- critique my reflection paper - first of all, im an ESL English student so bear ...
- critique my reflection paper - i revised it and found my mistakes.. ignore my ...
- english - december is the month for gift giving.write about a gift that you ...
- english - I have a 5 page essay for an English Class. We have read Martin Luther...
- English+Essay - I have to write an essay, but I have no idea how to start it. It...
- English - Hamlet Essay - I've been asked to write an Essay for english class on ...
- English - I'm sorry, I just need a subject suggestion for an English Essay. It's...