Wednesday
March 22, 2017

Post a New Question

Posted by on Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 7:04pm.

Hi there, can you please see if i have translated the following text correctly into english. Thank you.

1.)For my final evaluation, I researched on a francophone country.
-Pour ma evaluation finale, j'ai recherché sur un pays de la francophonie.

2.) The country that I chose to research on is Djibouti.
-Le pays que j’ai choisis de recherché sur est Djibouti.

3.)In this presentation, I will talk to you about tourist facts, the culture and their connection to France.
-Dans cette présentation, je te parlerai environ les faits touristiques, la culture et sa connexion avec la France

4.)Firstly tourist facts, Djibouti is located in northeast Africa, on the Red Sea Coast, bordered by Eritrea, Ethiopia and Somalia.
- Premièrement, des faits de touristes, Djibouti est situé en Afrique du nord-est, sur la côte de la Mer Rouge, encadrée par Eritrea, l'Ethiopie et la Somalie.

5.)Djibouti has an area is 8,960 square miles with an estimated population of 640,000 people.
-Djibouti à un secteur est de 8.960 milles carrés avec une population prévue de 640.000 personnes.

6.)It’s capital is the city of Djibouti where more than half of the population lives.
-Il est capital est la ville de Djibouti où plus que la moitié de la population vit.

7.)The official languages are French and Arabic
- Les langues officielles sont françaises et arabes.

8.)The population consists of two major ethnic groups: the Somali and the Afar
-La population se compose de deux groupes ethniques importants : le Somalien et loin

9.)The remainder is formed by Europeans, Arabs and Ethiopians.
- Le reste est constitué par Europeans, Arabes et Ethiopians.

10.)Djibouti’s population is predominantly Muslim. Islam is observed by 94% of Djibouti’s population. The remaining 6% follow various Christian traditions.
- La population de Djibouti est principalement musulmane. On observe l'Islam de 94% de Djibouti population. Les autres 6 percent suivent de diverses traditions chrétiennes.

11.)Just like Islam in other countries, every town and village in Djibouti has a mosque where people go to worship.
- Juste comme l'Islam dans d'autres pays, chaque ville et village à Djibouti a une mosquée où les gens vont pour adorer.

  • French - , Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 8:13pm

    1. un pays de la francophonie. = Why not just use the adjective = un pays francophone.

    2. j’ai choisis de recherché sur est = j'ai choisi (masc. sing. does not show agreement) de rechercher (after preposition, an infinitive) c'est.....

    3. je te parlerai = (are you speaking to only one person? te) = je vous parlerai....environ (that's approximately) so why not just de? = des faits...de la culture et de la connexion

    4. Premièrement, = (that's such a mouthful, how about "D'abord?")...des faits de touristes = some facts about tourists? tourist could be an adjective here = des faits touristes

    5. à un secteur est = HAS an area or AS an area? ... comme un territoire? (secteur is usually military)... prévue = forecast? OR estimée

    6. It's or Its? -Il est capital est la ville = Sa capitale est....OR La ville de D. est la capitale

    7. la population vit. = lives and breathes (oui) OR dwells? habite

    8. françaises et arabes. = le français et l'arabe

    9. par Europeans, Arabes et Ethiopians. = par les Européens, les Arabes et les Ethiopiens.

    10. On observe l'Islam de 94% de Djibouti population = (word order way off, comparing with your English) = 94% de la population de Djibouti observe l'Islam. .....

  • French - , Sunday, January 18, 2009 at 8:19pm

    Sorry, but my computer was acting so weird that I thought it best to post what I had before I lost it! I've been doing accounting all day and my eyes are SHOT!

    10. ..... Les autres 6 percent suivent = L'autre 6 pour cent suive...

    11. Juste (that's an adjective and not good here) = Exactement ... adorer. = OR pour prier (to pray/worship.)

    Sra (aka Mme) = I think the rest looks very good, but I wouldn't trust my eyes tonight!

Answer This Question

First Name:
School Subject:
Answer:

Related Questions

More Related Questions

Post a New Question