Posted by Larry on Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 6:56pm.
Open-End poem with a metaphor.
Choose a metaphor. Use the primary word for your title. Then write three lines. Each line should say something different about the subject, or give an idea of what it is like. Each line can be either a phrase or a sentence. The last line is a metaphor that begins with the title. It might sum up what you wrote in the other three lines. Write four poems following these criterias.
I've got two only.
Two hands held tightly
two faces laughing
two dreams in one
Love is a circle
Poison in the river
poison in the air
poison in our bodies
Pollution is the enemy in the Third World War
Can someone help me with the other two.
Thank you very much for your assistance.
Poems - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 7:47pm
The prompt says to write 3 lines. This could be very much like a haiku:
Be sure to investigate the links at the bottom, especially Japanese poetry.
Poems - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, January 14, 2009 at 7:49pm
P.S. As for what is a metaphor:
Again, don't neglect the links at the bottom.
Then when you are ready feel free to post what you have for help/proofreading, etc.
Poems - racle, Wednesday, February 4, 2009 at 8:12pm
is this a metaphor poem
As smart as an inventor
As friendly as a dog
As active as an athlete
Hamsters are cutest animals on the world
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Elements of Poetry - Question #1: Which of the following answer choices contains...
- english - i need help writing a "i am" metaphor poem. The format is 10 lines of ...
- Literature - 'Choose two poems from your book that you will later write an essay...
- reading - is the word penguin a metaphor?? please answer bye. It could be, ...
- L.A - Which line in the poem contains a metaphor A. line 25 B. line 18 C. line ...
- English check - 1. Which description fits the limerick about the fellow named ...
- English - I need help with a poem with a Subject,Rhyme,Rhythm,Alliteration,...
- Proofread my Critical Analyis essay - My critical Analysis essay is over the ...
- english - a metaphor that continues over several lines or throughout an entire ...
- Language - which statement describes the translation form of a haiku poem? A. A ...