Posted by Kathy on Monday, January 12, 2009 at 6:44am.
A short musical form written especially for the piano is called a
- music - SraJMcGin, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 9:18am
That is called a prelude.
- music - SraJMcGin, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 9:20am
P.S. Here is a definition from an online dictionary:
a : a musical section or movement introducing the theme or chief subject (as of a fugue or suite) or serving as an introduction to an opera or oratorio b : an opening voluntary c : a separate concert piece usually for piano or orchestra and based entirely on a short motif
- music - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 10:33am
Sonata also fits your definition.
n. A composition for one or more solo instruments, one of which is usually a keyboard instrument, usually consisting of three or four independent movements varying in key, mood, and tempo.
- music - bobpursley, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 11:28am
Hmmm. Here in Texas, a jig also fits. It is music in three quarter time, for a lively dance, and it doesn't last long.
- music - GuruBlue, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 12:34pm
Another composition that would fit would be an "etude"
A short piece of music, designed to give a soloist performer practice in a particular area or skill
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- music - a short musical form written especially for the piano is called a a. ...
- music - what does the word dynamics mean? if you would like to kno go look it up...
- music - CHECK MY ANSWERS?? 1) the key signature does not A. tell which sharps ...
- music appreciation - The overture for A Midsummer's Night Dream is a one-...
- music, arts - 1. Listen to the Corelli, Vivaldi and Bach examples. Using the ...
- music - what is an element in music There are a number of musical elements: ...
- Music - What would a researcher who studies the tango dance music of Argentina ...
- MUSIC - 1. What is the difference between composition and improvisation? Choose ...
- Music - What do beats look like written in on a musical scale?
- Music - Can you please check my answers. 1. A lyrical movement or piece for solo...