Posted by sh on Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 10:53pm.
If you had one mole of pennies to divide among all the people in the world, how many dollars would each person receive? Use 5thousand as the population of Earth.
how do you find how many pennies are in one mole?
chemistry - sh, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 11:05pm
5 thousand million*
chemistry - sh, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 11:12pm
so is it
((6.02x10^23)/(5x10^9)) x 100?
chemistry - DrBob222, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 12:43am
Why the 100?
You have 10 apples. You want to divide 10 apples among 5 people. That would be 10/5 = 2 apples each.
So you have 6.02 x 10^23 pennies. You have 5 x 10^9 people. Wouldn't that be
6.02 x 10^23/5 x 10^9 = ??. A lot of pennies in a mole of pennies. :).
I figure that is slightly more than 1 x 10^14 pennies and with each one worth 0.01 cents, that makes each person receiving 1 x 10^12 dollars? I would settle for that. BUT, how long would it take you to count that many pennies. More time than you and I have on this earth.
chemistry - sh, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 1:00am
whoops, I mean divide
((6.02x10^23)/(5x10^9)) / 100
and i got the answer 1.204E12 dollars per person.
I divided it by 100 to find the amount of dollars, so all the pennies divided by 100 = amount of dollars
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- maths - Class 5G is having a pizza party. Mrs Baker asked all the children to ...
- Chemistry - hi! this question confuses me. "Pennies have mass of approximately 2...
- Math Qs. Check!!!!!! - Jake puts pennies into a jar each morning and lets his ...
- math - A child's coin bank contains $2.58 in pennies and nickels. If the number...
- MATH - Your friend asks you to help cut grass this summer and will pay you 2 ...
- chemistry - Which will make you more wealthy, one mole of pennies (6.02e23 ...
- Math - Suppose there are 500 pennies in a row... (math problem)? The pennies are...
- math - Mary has 6 more pennies than Andy has. Together they have 28 pennies. How...
- Algebra 2(help please!!) - Alisha bought a collection of 500 old pennies. She ...
- chemistry - which will make you wealthy one mole of pennies (6.02e23 pennies) or...