Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:07pm.
Why does Marullus criticize the mob?
Is this answer sufficient:
Marullus criticizes the mob for wearing their best clothes and not their work clothes. He thinks they should be working, not celebrating.
Should I add that Marullus also criticizes them because they are celebrating Caesar even thought he killed the last emperor they used to honor?
Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:38pm
Marullus criticizes the mob because on a workday, by custom, the worders should be wearing their work clothes (uniform) so that people know their social class and their skills and job.
Yes, definitely, add that he's criticizing them for celebrating Caesar.
Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Anonymous, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:40pm
Ok. Thank you so much!
Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Ms. Sue, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:46pm
You're very welcome.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Literature - From Act I of "Julius Caesar"/ 1) How do the workmen celebrate as ...
- English Language Arts - Julius Ceasar: Why does Marullus believe that the ...
- Literature- Julius Caesar - During act 1- scene 2 in julius caesar Brutus begins...
- Julius Caesar - In Act II scene iv of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, what is wrong...
- julius caesar - What does Antony say Caesar's death symbolizes? Act 3-Scene 2
- Dressmaking and design - Dressmaking and design PRAC EXER FOR INSTRUC PACK 4 ...
- English - In act one scene three of Julius Caesar, what are some details in the ...
- Julius caesar - I don't understand these questions please help!! 1. A. What ...
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - When does the opening scene take place? What ...
- Literarure - In Act 4 scene 1- Who rules Rome at this point in Julius Caesar?