Posted by Anonymous on Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:04pm.
When does the opening scene take place? What holiday is it?
Is this answer correct:
The opening scene takes place about 44 BC. It is February 15, the feast of Lupercal. This holiday celebrates fertility and honors the god Lupercus.
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Writeacher, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:07pm
I haven't read that for 50 years!!
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Anonymous, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:20pm
Ides of March
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Anonymous, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:22pm
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Anonymous, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:23pm
wait, how can it be the ides of March when the feast of Lupercal is in February?
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Anonymous, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:30pm
Roman citizens wandering the streets, neglecting their work in order to watch Julius Caesar’s triumphal parade: Caesar has defeated the Roman general Pompey, his archrival, in battle. The tribunes scold the citizens for abandoning their duties and remove decorations from Caesar’s statues. Caesar enters with his entourage, including the military and political figures Brutus, Cassius, and Antony. A Soothsayer calls out to Caesar to “beware the Ides of March,” but Caesar ignores him and proceeds with his victory celebration
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - Anonymous, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:36pm
But it is not yet the ides of March. A soothsayer is like a fortune teller. In Act1, Scene 1, it is February,right?
- Julius Caesar-Act 1, Scene 1 - SraJMcGin, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 9:36pm
P.S. One more site in addition to Writeacher's excellent site:
- qocazlij vaezb - qocazlij vaezb, Sunday, February 1, 2009 at 7:04am
ukaszyntl fkmot afzjhouw vxnosdg akrxv bfqruzy qewrsugc
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - In act one scene three of Julius Caesar, what are some details in the ...
- Language Arts - Please check my answers to these questions: Which of the ...
- english - i've to create a list of power shifts, starting from the opening ...
- Literature- Julius Caesar - During act 1- scene 2 in julius caesar Brutus begins...
- Julius Caesar - In Act II scene iv of Shakespeare's Julius Caesar, what is wrong...
- julius caesar - What does Antony say Caesar's death symbolizes? Act 3-Scene 2
- Julius caesar - I dont understand these questions please help!! 1. A. What ...
- reading - the scene before this one in the play is scene 3, act 1, scene 2, act ...
- Literarure - In Act 4 scene 1- Who rules Rome at this point in Julius Caesar?
- julius caesar - what does the atmophere and the political situation reveal in ...