Posted by Twilight lover on Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 7:42pm.
I just wanted to post this question once more. I have to go offline soon.
Please go over my answers. Thanks
True or false:
7.Eruptions fom volcanoes decrease global temperatures.
I answered false because volcanes spew out CO2 into the atmophere.
The 16._________-sphere affects the 17._____-sphere when solar energy causes liquid water to become water vapor.
for 16. I said atmosphere
for 17. I said hydrosphere
did I answere 16 correctly? Does the atmosphere really include solar energy?
2. Which statement best explains why the greenhouse effect increases earth's averag temperature?
a.(I know this answer's wrong)
b.Less infrared radiation escapes to outer space.
c.More incoming solar radiation is absorbed by the atmosphere.
d.Less incoming solar radiation is reflected by the atmosphere.
I guessed c.
Imagine that earth wasn't rotating & covered entirely w/ water rather than the current pattern including land. Assume the sun is directly abovethe equator. What winds and pressure patterns would occur.
I sort of answered this one but I mainly guessed.
- Science (weather & climate) - - bobpursley, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 8:13pm
Volcanos emit a lot of ash,which shades Earth. This effect is stronger than global warming due to CO2.
I would reverse 16 and 17. The amount of water affects greatly the atmosphere when it turns to vapor.
The CO2 in the upper atmosphere traps IR radiation coming from Earth, so it does not escape.
Well, the warm side would heat up, vaporize water to the atmosphere, which increases total pressure, and then air/water vapor moves to the dark side, the water vapor condenses, and it rains.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Environmental Science - True or False ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1.All scientists agree ...
- Science - Hi. Could you Please check my answers? I just want to make sure they ...
- science - A new plant, growing from a single leaf, is an example of sexual ...
- Geography - Which of the following most accurately describes the difference ...
- Environmental Science please help - True or False ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ 1.Most ...
- Science - Lack of oxygen in a pond may be a limiting factor. True or False? ...
- North American Climate - True/False Indicate whether the sentence or statement ...
- 7th grade health Ms. Sue please thanks - True/False Indicate whether the ...
- about this site please read - im trying to post something but it says I cant ...
- Stat HW for. - 1. A student taking a midterm exam in Ancient History comes to ...