Posted by honorsclass on Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 10:59am.
1. What term refers to an energy transfer that causes a change in tempeture?
Assume that you have just taken a pan of cooies out of the oven and set them on he counter to cool.
2. What term refers to the aveage kinetic energy of the particles of one of the cookies?
3. Imagine you just put your hand next t one of the cookies without touching it. Your hand feels warm. By what mathod(s) has the thermal energy of the cookies transferred to your hand?
4. Imangine you move the cooking sheet and touch the spot where it had been sitting. It feels warm. How did the thermal energy of the cookies transfer to the stove?
5. If you were to draw the cookies, you would draw arrows above the cookies to show the rising current.
a. by what method is the thermal energy causing the air to move?
b. what kind of current is this?
c. what specific name is givin to this kind of current when it is in the air?
6. The words _____ and _____ are commonly used to indicate temperature, but they are not scifentific terms becasue they mean different things to different people.
7. Temperature really is a measure of the ______ of the particles in any material.
Thank you for any help!
- Science - honorsclass, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 11:50am
- Science - Cookies, Thursday, January 24, 2013 at 10:55pm
I like cookies. The answer is the cookies are cookies, and those cookies are cookies ,and those cookies are cookies,and those cookies are cookies then the answer is COOKIES COOKIES COOKIES COKKIES?
- Science - Anonymous, Wednesday, February 19, 2014 at 5:31pm
- Science - Anonymous, Wednesday, April 15, 2015 at 4:20pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Energy Transfer in Natural Systems - If u reach into a hot oven to remove a ...
- Calculus (Derivatives) - A tray of lasagna comes out of the oven at 200°F and is...
- Health (Ms. Sue) - Compare the term drug with the term medicine. A: The term ...
- Spanish - 1. The term "los padres" refers to a family that has two dads. *mom ...
- pchs mankon - A man make 20 deposit into an account which is set to be in an ...
- Precalc - Find a formula for the nth term if... a)the 8th term is 8 and the 20th...
- Math - 3,5,-5... The first term in the sequence of #'s shown above is 3. Each ...
- arithmetic - Determining the first three terms of an ArithmetiC progressionof ...
- Health check? - Match the term with its definition. (Points : 12) Potential ...
- Math - Arithmetic Sequences - The sum of the 4th and the 14th term of an ...