Posted by y912f on Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 6:02pm.
Image(symbol): crecent and star
The crecent moon and star symbolize the Lord that a religion Islam follows. It is not exactly a symbol of Islam but an image or indirect symbol of it. The moon describes the lunar calendar that they follow. Many Islamic countries follow this symbol by keeping it on their flag.
this is what i wrote..please tell me if i need any corrections. thnks Ms.Sue and Sra :)
- literature - Ms. Sue, Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 6:09pm
According to these Muslim scholars, Islam has no symbols. The crescent (note spelling) and are ancient pagan symbols and later were used by the Ottoman Empire. Please read this site.
- literature - Summer, Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 6:12pm
ok i'll make the changes..thankyou:D
- literature - Ms. Sue, Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 6:14pm
Summeror, y912f or Mysterychicken, we'd appreciate it if you kept the same name for all of your posts.
- literature - bobpursley, Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 6:14pm
A lot of folks believe that. However, the origins of the crescent and star are far more pagan. They represent early worship of the Sun and Planets. Islam somehow took the symbols, because Mohammad used them symbolizing something else. Not many folks know the details, see the second link.
- literature - y912f, Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 7:06pm
sorry about the name thing actually..alot of people use this computer..
Answer this Question
- math - evaluate the expressions below and leave them in radical form. 1. sin(pie...
- Pos/110 american government - Can someone help please??? 1. Assignment: American...
- World History - Why did Muhammad find the religion of Islam. How and why was the...
- english - 3. Which one of the following statements is an example of a complex ...
- Religion - Is Islam a religion that promotes terror or peace?
- English (poetry) - Create a symbol and write a short essay on what the symbol ...
- Eng - Which one of the following statements is an example of a complex sentence...
- U.S History - Do you agree with my teacher??? The thing that is wrong is they ...
- 7th grade S.S - where wereeach religion started and give two examples of how ...
- Math - Imagine that a new operational symbol for mathematics has been developed...