Posted by Jen on Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 4:34pm.
how do i draw lewis structures for:
CH2Cl2, CH3OH and NH3 .. plz help
- chemistry - DrBob222, Saturday, January 10, 2009 at 8:59pm
Can't do them on these boards. CH2Cl2 will have 20 electrons.
Now place two dots, representing a pair of electrons, at the dashes. On top add a H with two dots between C and H, and on the bottom add Cl with two dots between Cl and C. Then add two more dots around right Cl at top, right side, and bottom. On the lower Cl, add two dots right side, bottom and left side.
That should be 20 electrons.
Do CH3OH same way. It will have 14 electrons.
Hope that looks ok. You will need to add two electrons top and bottom of O.
Should have 8 electrons.
Hope this looks ok.
- chemistry - Jen, Sunday, January 11, 2009 at 8:20pm
thank so much
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- chemistry - draw Lewis Structures for the following FIVE elements. H2S CH2Cl2 ...
- Chemistry - The compound butane, has two structures. They have the same ...
- chemistry (please someone help) - lewis acid or lewis base? then draw the ...
- Chemistry - Hi! So, I thought I was very comfortable with distinguishing among ...
- Chemistry - Draw Lewis dot structures, including appropriate resonance forms, ...
- chemistry - lewis acid or lewis base? then draw the product. H3C^+ :NH3 ---->...
- Chemistry - Draw the Lewis Structures of the following compounds: CH3CH3CH3COH, ...
- Chemistry - Draw the best Lewis structures for NO+, NO2-, NO2H, and NO3-. Based ...
- Chemistry PLZ HELP!!!!! - if Ca and F atoms are allowed to react what will be ...
- Chemistry - Which one of the following pairs of reactants would react together ...