Posted by Peter on Friday, January 9, 2009 at 11:42pm.
Maria and Zoe are taking Biology 105 but are in different classes. Maria's class has an average of 78% with a standard deviation of 5% on the midterm, whereas Zoe's class has an average of 83% with a standard deviation of 12%. Assume that scores in both classes follow a normal distribution.
A. Convert Maria's midterm score of 84 to a standard z score.
which is correct?
B Convert Zoe's midterm score of 89 to a standard z score.
C. Who did better relative to her class?
c. They performed the same.
e. Cannot determine
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra II - Maria and Zoe are taking Biology 105 but are in different classes. ...
- Statistics - Maria and Zoe are taking Biology 105 but are in different classes. ...
- AP Statistics - Maria and Zoe are taking Biology 105 but are in different ...
- stat - A contract employs three types- Class A , Class B and class c. to class A...
- Math - pedro and maria spend the same amount of time driving to school. pedr ...
- Math - Maria leaves her house to meet jane at the zoo. Jane lives further away ...
- Statistics - 80. Florida State University has 14 statistics classes scheduled ...
- Math - Maria is playing a game of chance at the Hibiscus festival, costing $1 ...
- STATS HELP - Final averages are typically approximately normally distributed ...
- math - maria ran the obstacle course each day during her gym class and recorded ...