Posted by ANNETTE on Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 5:22pm.
A MAN HAS 6 HOUSES. INEACH HOUSE HE KEEPS 6 CATS. EACH CAT HAS 6 WHISKERS. AND ON EACH WHISKER SIT 6 FLEAS.
A. HOW MANY CATS ARE THERE?
B. HOWMANY WHISKERS ARE THERE ON ALL THE CATS?
C.HOW MANY FLEAS SIT ON ALL THE CATS' WHISKERS?
D. ANSWER THE LAST LINE OF THE PUZZLE:"HOUSES,CATS,WHISKERS,FLEAS-HOW MANY ARE THERE IN ALL?
4th grade - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 5:25pm
Please try to figure it out yourself, then post your answer. We'll be glad to check it for you.
Btw -- when you use all caps on the internet, it looks like you're shouting. Please take off your caps lock key.
4th grade - ANNETTE, Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 5:36pm
b. 216 whiskers
d. 6 houses
4th grade - Ms. Sue, Thursday, January 8, 2009 at 5:40pm
Your math is all correct. :-)
However, the last question is a little confusing. Since you've already answered the first three questions, maybe you should add: 6 + 36 + 216 + 1296.
4th grade - tyler, Thursday, January 29, 2009 at 9:21pm
4th grade - Cheryl, Wednesday, January 16, 2013 at 7:14pm
4th grade - BOBBY JOEY, Thursday, December 4, 2014 at 3:50pm
1296 in alllllllllllll
4th grade - Jason, Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 2:45pm
4th grade - Jason, Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 2:47pm
1554. 6+36+216+1296= 1554
4th grade - selina, Friday, December 18, 2015 at 4:00pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - a man has 6 houses in each house he keeps 6 cats each cat has 6 whiskers...
- math - a man has 6 houses, in each house he has 6 cats, Each cat has 6 whiskers ...
- maths - Scenario: There is a bus with 7 girls inside, Each girl has 7 bags, ...
- Math - Two cats are taking a walk. 1 cat runs off. three cats come back. 1 cat ...
- WITC math - There is a bus with 7 girls inside, Each girl has 7 bags, Inside ...
- Math - Please help me answer this question At the Cats galore cat show, 1/2 cat ...
- Biology - 10. In some cats the gene for tail length shows incomplete dominance. ...
- Essay Writing - I need help with making my outline parallel. II. Body A. Needs 1...
- 4th Grade Math - The ratio of the number of dogs to the number of cats at an ...
- math - Which of the following is a negation of the statement below? All cats are...