Posted by lyne on Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 6:54pm.
how many protons, nnutrons, atomic mass, mass number, and charge to each of the following have?
for sodium i have
how do i find the number of neutrons cause im pretty sure mass number is protons plus neutrons
also is this right so far?
chem - Damon, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 7:00pm
yes, protons + neutrons = mass #
protons = electrons for NEUTRAL atom
chem - Damon, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 7:06pm
neutrons 23-11 = 12
mass number 23
atom has neutral charge
chem - Damon, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 7:08pm
Now for a F ion
charge is -1, one more electron than proton
neutrons 19-9 = 10
mass # = 19
electrons 9+1 = 10
chem - lyne, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 7:46pm
okay but why is it -1 charge?
chem - Damon, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 8:10pm
An electron has charge of -1
A proton has charge of +1
chem - Anonymous, Sunday, October 4, 2015 at 11:25pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - 1. Which statement about subatomic particles is NOT true? (1 point) ...
- Science-Periodic Table - describe how to verify the # of electrons in the ion of...
- Chemistry question! - Please help! What do both an atom and an ion of the ...
- chemistry - how do you determine if the atom is a neutral atom or an ion and if ...
- Science - 1. Consider a neutral atom that has 17 electrons A.) how many protons ...
- Chemistry - Check answers? 1) Why did J.J. Thomson reason that electrons must be...
- MS. SUE HELP- Chemistry - Check answers? 1) Why did J.J. Thomson reason that ...
- science - An atom of sodium-23 (atomic number = 11) has a positive charge of +1...
- chemistry - 1.what is meant by atomic number of an element? 2.the mass number of...
- Final Exam- Honors Physical Science - how can you determine the number of ...