Posted by y912f on Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 6:30pm.
please check my answers.
1.Find the area of the sector of a circle.
r=11.8cm, theta-pi/7 radians
I got 31.2cmsquared
2.Find the radius of a circle in which a central angle of pi/6radian determines a sector of area 76square meters.
I got 17.03m
3.Find the measure(in radians) of a central angle of a sector of area 45 square inches in a circle of radius 8 inches.
I need help getting the answer
4.In this question you're suppose to approximate the length by finding the necessary arc length.
A tree 520m away subtends an angle of 4degrees. find the height of the tree.
I also need help on this one
- trigonometry - Damon, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 6:44pm
1. 31.24 yes
3. total area = pi r^2 = pi(64)
angle/2pi =45/64 pi
angle = 45/32 = 1.41 radians = 80.6 degrees
4. r = 520
circumference = 2 pi (520) = 3267
4/360 = height/3267
height = 36.3
- trigonometry - y912f, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 6:50pm
Thanks so much; This was of great help!
Answer this Question
- trigonometry - A sector AOB of a circle, centre O, radius r cm, where the acute ...
- TRIG HELP ASAP - I really need help on this problem. A sector has area of 15 in^...
- trig - In a circle of radius 12 inches, a sector is formed by a central angle of...
- trigonometry - I wont be receiving credit for these problems but i was just ...
- pre-calc - Find an angle between 0 and 2ð that is coterminal with the given ...
- Trigonometry - 31). Find the area of the sector of a circle with a radius of 18 ...
- Math (FST) - 1. Give exact value of tan(theta) if cos(theta)=-2/7 and pi/2<...
- math - A sector of a circle subtending an angle 300 degrees at the centre is ...
- can xome1 help me plzz im stuck - HELP PLZZ...A circle has radius 2 cm,(in that ...
- math - An angle of 1.8 radians at the center of the circle subtends an arc of ...