Posted by Caroleen on Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 5:10pm.
Here's my question. Please walk me through it so I can fully understand it.
Jon begins jogging at a steady 3 meters/sec down the middle of Lane #1 of a public track. Laaura starts even with him in the center of Lane #2 but moves at 4 meters/sec. At the instant they begin, Ellis is located 100 meters down the track in Lane #4, and is headed toward them in his lane at 6 meters/sec. After how many seconds will the runners lie in a straight line?
a. Let t be the number of seconds the three have been running. Write expressions for the number of meters each has run after t seconds.
b. Consider the location of each runner as a point on a graph. What quantity might you use as the x-coordinate? What quantity might you use as the y-coordinate?
c. How can you tell if three points are on a line? Use this to solve the problem.
Any help is appreciated, even if you can only solve one part. Thank you!
Urgent algebra help! - drwls, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 5:21pm
I answered this yesterday. Did you read my answer?
Oh, sorry about that! - Caroleen, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 5:35pm
No, I never got to. I'm sorry about that! I guess it would be a few pages back, then?
Thank you very much! I'll respond again or post another message if I have any other problems with your response.
Urgent algebra help! - drwls, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 5:37pm
My previous answer can be found at at
Urgent algebra help! - Caroleen, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 5:41pm
Thank you so much! You were a great help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra--please help! - Here's my question. Please walk me through it so I can ...
- math - Jon begins jogging at a steady 3m/sec down the middle of lane one of a ...
- Algebra--please help! - I'm having some trouble with my algebra homework. Please...
- Algebra--help really needed! - I'm having some trouble with my algebra homework...
- Algebra--please help! - Here are some more questions I'm having trouble with. ...
- Math - A running track has 8 lanes each a meter wide.Each"straight" is 100 ...
- Science - The record of the women's 200 m is 21.34 sec. If all racers at that ...
- math - In the 400 meter dash runners stay in their lanes the entire distance ...
- Math(algebra) - If you had to start and finish at the same line of a racetrack, ...
- Physics - A spherical bowling ball with mass m = 3.2 kg and radius R = 0.107 m ...