Posted by deedra on Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 11:03am.
Can someone help me finish this problem I am stuck!
- math - bobpursley, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 11:19am
No. When you had the x on the right, it was correc.
but you have to SUBTRACT x from both sides, you subtracted on the right, but added on the left.
- math - Reiny, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 11:21am
the problem with your lack of brackets is that we can't decide if you mean
I am going to take it according to your typing, so I would multiply each term by 8 to give
10x + x = 11 + 8x
3x = 11
x = 11/3
If it is the other option then your line 11/8x=11/8+x
11/(8x) = 11/(8+x)
cross-multiply, then divide by 11 to get
8x = 8+x
x = 8/7
- math - deedra, Wednesday, January 7, 2009 at 11:32am
Ok now I subtracted from both sides
How do I finish the problem out?
Answer this Question
- Literature - Can someone help me?I have some literature homework to finish up ...
- Mathematics! - Yolanda and Yoko ran in a 100-yd dash. When Yolanda crossed the ...
- math - how many ways can 10 runners finish a race. 10 could finish 10 9 could ...
- Algebra 2 - How do you get the real-number solutions of 5b^3 + 15b^2 + 12b = -36...
- liberal arts math - Put the equation below in the form ax^2+bx+c=0. -x^2+3=(4x+1...
- Math check 3 - f(x) = 1/(x+7)+15/(x-8). Find all a for which f(a)=f(a+15). I ...
- macroeconomics - Karmin wants to clean her house, finish her economics problem ...
- Business - Assignment for week 5 Given the following information, draw the ...
- math - can someone please help me? I am stuck on a problem it deals with ...
- pre calculus - Hi, I am having a problem trying to find and understanding how ...