Posted by brianna on Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:48pm.
The radius of circle M is 3 times the radius of circle P. If the area of circle P is abotu 27 sq. cm. the area of circle M is about what? (Use 3 as pie) i don't get it. is the scale ratio 3:1?
- 8th grade math - Don, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:49pm
Whoa. Use 3 as Pie?
- 8th grade math - brianna, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:51pm
yeah. that's what the ? says to use
- 8th grade math - brianna, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:54pm
i thought the scale ratio would be 3:1 because of the fact that the question says that the bigger circle is 3 times as big as the little one
- 8th grade math - bobpursley, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:57pm
it the radius of M is 3x the radius of P, then the area is 9x (remember area is proportional to radius squared).
So, if P is 27, then M is 27*9
- 8th grade math - Don, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:59pm
Hmm.. Since the radius is 3 times larger than P, its diameter should be 18. P's diameter should be 6.
That might help you solve the problem.
- 8th grade math - brianna, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 6:19pm
ok, but how would you get that into a proportion. i get the rest of the question, just not how to put those # into a scale ratio
- 8th grade math - brianna, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 6:22pm
hello anybody there? sorry it took so long to post a response, i was trying to figure it out
- 8th grade math - brianna, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 6:25pm
never mind i get it. Thanks for your help
- 8th grade math - Anonymous, Monday, January 12, 2009 at 4:19pm
- 8th grade math - Jamarcus , Thursday, September 13, 2012 at 9:40pm
2/3 name all sets of numbers to which each real number belongs.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- 8th grade math - circle A has a raduis that is twice the length og the raduis of...
- Updated Math Question - The radius of circle A is 9 times greater than the ...
- math - The area of a circle is given by the formula A = ðr2, where r is the ...
- Maths - 1. In the xy-coordinate plane, point A is the midpoint of the segment ...
- math - A circle has an area of 25 pi cm^2.If a circle is drawn within that ...
- Algebra - The area of a circle is given by the formula A+pier^2, where r is the ...
- Math - The radius of circle A is 9 times greater than the radius of circle B. ...
- math - the area of circle B is 36 times greater than the area of circle A. The ...
- area of circle - My circle has a radius of 8ft. What is the distance of the ...
- algebra 1 - A high school wrestling mat must be a square with 38-foot sides and ...