Posted by y912f on Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:06pm.
please can you help me with these two questions. i have tried looking it up on google, but cant get the exact answer.
1. During what period did worshipping of the Virgin Mary begin to grow steadily?
c. Early medieval
2. What is the purpose of early Christian art, what did the art teach?
thank you very much
fine arts - Don, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:14pm
For the first answer, I believe it was the early medieval times.
fine arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:15pm
Your text probably is the best source for these answers. However, this article gives a pretty complete history of the veneration of the Virgin Mary. It looks like Early Medieval may be the best answer to your rather vague question.
Since most people were illiterate, Christian art was intended to teach them about their religion.
fine arts - y912f, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:22pm
Thank you so much!
fine arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:35pm
You're very welcome. :-)
fine arts - Don, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:37pm
Hey Ms. Sue! I was wondering how you posted links on here. For some reason its telling me that I can't post links on the site.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - Who wrote the Virgin Islands national anthem Anastasia, have ...
- English Expression - There is a time table for the students. This activity is to...
- economics - Suppose that two people, Mary and John each live alone in an ...
- fine arts - did the Gothic period begin around the middle of the twelfth century...
- U.S. HISTORY i really need someones help! - i need to know what mary chesnut ...
- Science space - I am doing a project on the planet uranus and I need a map ...
- Fine Arts - Good Morning, I am seeking assistance on my Fine Arts essay. I ...
- World History(Writeacher don't answer) - What is Christendom? How? Why? And ...
- English Expression - 1. At the first class, we have fine arts. 2. In the first ...
- General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...