Posted by y912f on Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:06pm.
please can you help me with these two questions. i have tried looking it up on google, but cant get the exact answer.
1. During what period did worshipping of the Virgin Mary begin to grow steadily?
c. Early medieval
2. What is the purpose of early Christian art, what did the art teach?
thank you very much
- fine arts - Don, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:14pm
For the first answer, I believe it was the early medieval times.
- fine arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:15pm
Your text probably is the best source for these answers. However, this article gives a pretty complete history of the veneration of the Virgin Mary. It looks like Early Medieval may be the best answer to your rather vague question.
Since most people were illiterate, Christian art was intended to teach them about their religion.
- fine arts - y912f, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:22pm
Thank you so much!
- fine arts - Ms. Sue, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:35pm
You're very welcome. :-)
- fine arts - Don, Monday, January 5, 2009 at 5:37pm
Hey Ms. Sue! I was wondering how you posted links on here. For some reason its telling me that I can't post links on the site.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- social studies - Who wrote the Virgin Islands national anthem Anastasia, have ...
- English Expression - There is a time table for the students. This activity is to...
- U.S. HISTORY i really need someones help! - i need to know what mary chesnut ...
- Science space - I am doing a project on the planet uranus and I need a map ...
- English Expression - 1. At the first class, we have fine arts. 2. In the first ...
- World History(Writeacher don't answer) - What is Christendom? How? Why? And ...
- General - Please understand that I am not upset with anyone or whatever I just ...
- Science 1 question SPACE - I re-posted this question because noone helped and I ...
- Language Arts - 8th grade language arts help. Please I need help with this I don...
- history - The automobile facilitated the idea of worshipping at the altar of ...