Posted by carl on Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 5:43am.
im writing a report on the causes of deforestation in the Amazonian rainforest. i need to explain how forest fires destroy the rainforest.
up to now ive wrote about how the farmers burn parts of the rainforest to use for farms cattle ranches and to grow crops is there anything else i cant find much info ive looked on Mongabay website but it doesnt really explain .
geography - Writeacher, Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 7:33am
In some of the areas where deforestation is taking place, people have been using the charcoal (produced by burning down the trees) for cooking their food and heating their homes.
geography - carl, Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 8:07am
i never thought of that thanks so much you guys are great id be lost without you i have now finished my essay hopefully i will get a good mark . fingers crossed! :)
geography - Writeacher, Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 8:12am
You're welcome! Go get an A!!
geography - SraJMcGin, Saturday, January 3, 2009 at 9:40am
P.S. Above is another search that may help you.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Science - Which of the following shows the correct order from coldest to hottest...
- yr 8 geography - reasons for the deforestation of the amazon rainforest? the ...
- geog - ive just finished my geography homework on deforestation of the amazon ...
- problems faced in conserving kalimantan rainforest - i need to know what are ...
- environmental science - I mean I know sort of what Im doing. Im doing this ...
- Science - What are the animals in the tropical rainforest becoming endangered? ...
- environmental science - What web site can I use to find the biodiversity of ...
- Statistics - many ground level plants in tropical rainforest have adapted to ...
- world issues- amazon deforestation - Hi. I was assigned an essay that I have to ...
- geography - Causes of deforestation- i found theses causes i just need the ...