Posted by lily on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 12:52pm.
ok so i'm confused about my essay topic:
"what creative works (any medium) should a student be exposed to in order to prepare for university life?"
im confused on what creative works they are referring to. art? literature?
- essay - SraJMcGin, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 1:01pm
Here is one definition of creative works: A creative work is a tangible manifestation of creative effort such as literature, paintings, software.
- essay - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 1:08pm
- essay - GuruBlue, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 1:13pm
Creative work can be in any medium. I consider it a willingness to try something new or something in a new way.... push the boundaries, explore where no one has gone.
It can be cooking, photograhy, any form of art or music or dance or theatre or writing. It can involve machinery or flowers....anything.
- essay - bobpursley, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 1:41pm
Creative works that come to mind for students to be exposed to before college include:
Thomas Paine essays
a few Poe short stories and poems.
A review of Greek architecture.
Shakespeare plays Hamlet, MacBeth, and Othello, followed by the any one of those put to Opera score, in person, with good seats.
Michelangelo...examine closely several of his sculptures, and in great detail the Sistine Chapel.
A visit, even virtual, to St Pauls Cathedral in London.
Front row seats to Beethoven's Ninth Symphony
Front row seats to Handel's Messiah.
Perhaps I would include a dash of Dali,Picasso. A visit to the the Met Museum of NY would do.
Finally, a tour inside any large dam and associated electric generating station.
- essay - GuruBlue, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 3:29pm
Definitely the Met Museum..and the Smithsonian; a road trip across Rt. 66 from east coast to west coast... with frequent stops along the way. I would add a trip to a Tennessee Williams play, a modern ballet, a great musical.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- College - My dream is to go to Harvard University. When I grow up I want to ...
- English - I went to a retrospective art exhibition(Joe Fafard's). I have these ...
- Arts and Culture - Can anybody help me with this question? I'm a little confused...
- English - Hamlet Take Home Test - Response Essay Answer ONE of the following ...
- art history - Please help me with some resources: The period of 1880-1914 ...
- Creative Writing - ok,so for my essay , I have to 'extend' the definition of '...
- Creative Homework - okay so I have to make a presentation on Bloc Quebecois and ...
- Creative Writing - Can you please tell me how i should start off my essay. For ...
- eng literature - i am given up by a topic to write discriptive essay topic is "...
- English - Please check my last post as well. I typed a reply. Moreover if I were...