Posted by sherry on Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 4:52am.
Find the limit of the function:
as x approaches 1. We're hinted at using the result that sinx/x = 1 as x approaches 0.
Im not sure how we go abt doing this qs.
thanks in advance
- do not understand question - Damon, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 5:25am
as written the answer is simply tanp/tanq
what is tanp?
what is tanq ?
what is p and what is q ?
Does this mean tan (px - p) / tan (qx - q)? or something?
- math - sherry, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 6:51am
tanp and tanq is short for tangent p and tangent q respectively(we havent been told where p is a variable or constant; same goes for q)
no it doesnt mean tan (px - p)
it wud be xtanp -tanp if u were to multiply it thru ..same for denominator
and the answer given is p/q
- math - bobpursley, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 10:47am
(xtanp-tanP)/(xtanq-tanq) as x approachtes zero.
Unless p,q are somehow related to x, it is not equal to p/q.
- math - Reiny, Wednesday, December 31, 2008 at 1:12pm
to get p/q, it looks like somebody canceled the "tan"
reminded me of the time when one of my students gave this solution to
Lim (sinx)/x as x = 0
I told him to sin no more, but he didn't get it.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- maths - find the limit as x approaches 0 of the function: (e^x.sinx)/x without ...
- Calculus - Could someone please help me with these questions;I was having ...
- Math - I've got quite a few problems. Please answer any of them in whole or in ...
- Calculus - 1. Evaluate the function at the given numbers (correct to six ...
- college math - Using L'Hospital's Rule, find, the limit as x approaches 0 of x^(...
- Calculus - What is the limit of this function as x approaches 0? cos(x) - 1 / x ...
- Calculus - Determine the limit of the trigonometric function: Limit as x ...
- calc - Using L'Hospital's Rule, find, the limit as x approaches 0 of x^(sinx)
- Calculus - I'm supposed to find the limit as x approaches infinity of (2-x-sinx...
- math - How to solve for delta using trig functions? i.e. cosine sine tangent ...