Posted by kiearra on Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 1:50pm.
factor the expression
- 11th grade - Reiny, Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 1:56pm
This one also factors.
I gave you the previous one, why don't you try this, the factors are quite simple.
Let me know what you got.
- 11th grade - kiearra, Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 2:07pm
Reiny i got
x=-5 or x=3
- 11th grade - bobpursley, Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 2:30pm
Not quite. You have to get +2x^2
(2x-5)(x+3) ought to do it.
- 11th grade - Reiny, Sunday, December 28, 2008 at 2:30pm
did you notice that the first term was 2x^2, so one of the factors must have started with 2x
so it had to be (2x...)(x....)
YOu should have expanded your answer to see if you get the original question back.
I got (2x-5(x+3)= 0
x = 5/2 or x = -3
Answer this Question
- 11th grade - The students of litchfield High school are in grades 9,10,11,12. Of...
- 11th grade - I need help on how to factor a polynomial by grouping
- 11th grade - Factor f(x) = x^4 + x^3 – 8x^2 + 6x + 36 completely. Show all steps...
- 11th grade - Find the lowest common denominator of the rational expression: 1/m...
- 6th grade Math - I need help on the problem below. The instructions say to "...
- Math - I have this worksheet, it has a bunch of different kinds of questions, ...
- 11th grade Algebra 2/ Trig - The expression log 10^(x+2)- log 10^x is equivalent...
- 11th grade - write an expression that represents the width of a rectangle with ...
- 9th grade - How do you factor this expression? 10x+15
- math,algebra - Can someone explain this to me plese: to factor a number you.... ...