Posted by lily on Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 10:53am.
Have one question
Which reading learning strategies is it when the task says: Read the text and complete each text with the words above each text
Is it a learning strategie:using linguistic or other clues or placing new words into context or something else?
- english - SraJMcGin, Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 12:30pm
There may be another name for it, but I used to call these "cloze" exercises:
Main Entry: cloze
Etymology: by shortening & alteration from closure
: of, relating to, or being a test of reading comprehension that involves having the person being tested supply words which have been systematically deleted from a text
- english - lily, Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 12:59pm
thank you.Need also one example of a task which involves reading strategie:
1.using linguistic or other clues
2.placing new words into context
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 1:10pm
If you don't know the meaning of the word "sanguiine," could you guess it from the use of the word in the sentence below? That's context.
She is quite sanguine about her future with her degree in computer arts and science, especially in light of what is happening in companies such as Pixar.
- English - Writeacher, Sunday, December 21, 2008 at 2:46pm
Sorry -- typo!! It should be "sanguine" without the extra "i" in there!
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- reading - Case Study: Chris took the Learning Styles Quiz and found out he is an...
- english - Can someone explain thoroughly what EFL learners get from the task ...
- english - need some help!which language learning strategies are you using when ...
- English - Hi! Need some advice.Next week I need to teach a class. My task is to ...
- Study Skills Practice - What does it mean to survey a text? A. Read the text ...
- English - 1. Which of the key reading skills for reading informational articles ...
- English - 1. Recite the reading text out loud. 2. Remember the reading text and ...
- reading - what is text to text text to self text to world what does each one of ...
- English - Need help one more time :) I am teaching English as a foreign language...
- Strategies for the independent learner - 1.When you approach a text, you should...