Posted by John on Friday, December 19, 2008 at 2:25pm.
1. Her mother gave her a hot soup.
2. Her mother gave her hot soup.
(Which one is correct? Do we have to use 'a' or not? Why?)
3. What is the difference between 'mouse and rat? Is a rat bigger than a mouse?
4. the sixth month
(How do we pronounce these words? Is the 'th' sound omitted when the three are pronounced a linking sound?)
5. A: What are those?
B: They are my friends.
(Is the answer correct?)
6. A: Are they your friends or hers?
B: They are my friends.
(Is the answer grammatical?)
7. Do you use math or maths as a subject at school?
8. What food do you have for meals?
What fruit do you have for meals?
(Which one is right? Are both acceptable?)
9. She has a cough.
She has coughs.
She has cough.
(Which ones are right among the three?)
10. She has a high fever/a slight fever. (Can we say 'She has a low fever.'? Do we have to use 'a' in each sentence?)
11. Sally, Tim, this is U-ram.
11-1. Sally and Tim, this is U-ram.
(Tony is introducing Sally and Tim to U-ram. In this case, which one is right, # 11 or #11-1?)
- English - Elli, Friday, December 19, 2008 at 2:34pm
1. Her mother gave her hot soup.
"a" is unnecessary because we are talking about SOME hot soup, not a specific container. You could, however, say "a bowl of hot soup"
3. A mouse is generally smaller than a rat.
4. Technically, you should pronounce every "th"
5. We don't usually use "those" for people. The better Question would be "who are these people?" and then your answer would be correct. A better answer to the question you posted would be "those are apples."
6. Seems fine.
7. We use math here
8. Both are acceptable, but it would be more natural to say "what food do you eat for breakfast/dinner/etc."
9. She has a cough
10. "She has a low fever" is acceptable. "a" is necessary.
11. #11 is correct.
- English - GuruBlue, Friday, December 19, 2008 at 3:14pm
11. Both # 11 and 11a would be correct.
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- English - 1. What are you going to do tomorrow? I'm going to a concert. I am ...
- Physical Science - The soup in a bowl is too hot to eat. Although there are no ...
- Math Statistics - A company sells cans of chicken soup that that are advertised ...
- Statistics Question 3 - A company sells cans of chicken soup that that are ...
- 8th grade - what it he reason a spoon gets hot when put in a bowl of hot soup?
- English - Thank you very much for your corrections.Can you have a look at the ...
- 7th grade math - A restaurant donates 2 cans of soup to charity for every 9 ...
- English - I like vegetable soup. It is good for digestion. The following are the...
- Math - Phil Anthropist likes to give away money. One day he went to the park ...
- English - 1. I drink a coke. 2. I drink a Coke. 3. I drink cola. 4. I drink a ...