Posted by Jamie Lynn on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 5:38pm.
I have a question, if f(x)=x/2 and g(x)=3x+1 find:
a) (f+g)(x) i know you go x/2+3x+1.
but how do i solve that??
b) (f-g)(x) i know you go x/2-3x+1,
how do i solve?
c)(f*g)(x) how do i solve?
(f/g)(x) how do i solve??
f(g(x)) how do i solve??
thanks for your itmeee
- MATH PLEASEEEEE - Reiny, Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 5:51pm
for (f+g)(x) you would add up your two function expressions and simplify them
so (f+g)(x) = x/2 + 3x+1
= x/2 + (6x+2)/2 = (7x+2)/2
which is not what you have
suppose we use x=4
f(4)= 4/2 =2
g(4) = 13
so (f+g)(4) = 15
in my (f+g)(x) = (7x+2)/2
(f+g)(4) = (7(4)+2)/2 = 15
for (f-g)(x) you would subtract the two functions,
for (f*g)(x) you would multiply them, etc
test your answers in a similar way to the one I showed you
- MATH PLEASEEEEE - Jamie Lynn, Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 9:40pm
thanks so much:)
Answer this Question
- algebra - Solve the indicated variable: 1. Volume of a cone: solve for h: V=Ļir^...
- Math - We have an important chemsitry test due and I want to make sure that I do...
- math (college algebra) - Ok I have two questions I have NO CLUE how to complete ...
- Math - I just don't understand this question: h(t)=A*b^x h(3)=4 h(5)=40 Solve ...
- Algebra - Removing factor of 1: 4z-2y/6-z explain how to solve this pleaseeeee
- math - actually, in a addition to the question i posted a few minutes ago, can ...
- Math - HOW WOULD I SOLVE SOMETHING LIKE THIS, IT IS AN EXAMPLE I MADE UP. ITS ...
- Algebra - Question 1 Solve using the multiplication principle then graph. -15>...
- geometry - line BD bisects angle ABC. Solve for X and find the measures of angle...
- Math - I'm learning series and sequences (grade 11). Please check that my steps ...