Posted by diana on Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 12:10am.
i am completely lost, i confused myself.
i need to find the concentration of HC2H3O2
HC2H3O2 + NaOH ==> NaC2H3O2 + HOH
C= 0.3 M
v= 0.25 L
n= 0.075 moles
m= 3.00 g
n= 0.075 moles
m= 0.4973 g(ammount of acetic acid in
v= 0.020 L
thats all the information i have. i don't know how to calculate it. my friend said c1v1=c2v2 but i don't know what numbers id use
chemistry desperately - DrBob222, Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 12:29am
You are confused because you have too much information piled in together. You need to think this through. And you don't say what unit the concentration should be in.
M(NaOH) x L(NaOH) = mols NaOH.
mols NaOH = mols acetic acid since the equation is 1 mol NaOH to 1 mol acetic acid.
Now M(acid) x L(acid) = mols. You know mols, you know L acid (is that the 0.020 L), calculate M acid. That will be the molarity of the acetic acid in that 20 mL sample. By the way, I can't believe you used 0.25 L of the NaOH. That's 250 mL which is a huge volume to be titrated with. That means you would have had to refill a 50 mL buret five times. (Of course this could be a problem.)
I'm getting ready to leave for the night so if there is a quick question, please type it in before I leave.
chemistry desperately - diana, Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 12:39am
alright thank you i think i should be able to figure it out. and i know we only did 3 trials though
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Chemistry - A buffer solution is prepared by adding 14.37g of NaC2H3O2 and 16....
- Chemistry - I got pH = 5.3 A 1.00 L buffer solution is 0.250 M in HC2H3O2 and 0....
- Chemistry-Dr.Bob222 - A 1.00 L buffer solution is 0.250 M in HC2H3O2 and 0.250 M...
- Chemistry - Hi Dr. Bob, this is a chemistry question. I don't know how to go ...
- chem - What is the pH of the solution created by combining 2.40 mL of the 0.10 M...
- Chemistry - Subjects Art Business Computers English Foreign Languages Health ...
- chemistry - What is the pH of the solution created by combining 2.40 mL of the 0...
- chemistry - how do you make 1.00g of NaC2H3O2 using: 0.400 M Na2Co3 0.300 M Pb(...
- Chemistry - a solution is made by combining 5 mL of .2M HC2H3O2, 5 mL of .2M ...
- Chemistry - What is the pH of the solution created by combining 12.20 mL of the ...