Posted by mysterychicken on Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:46pm.
If I take a 1 liter water bottle filled with water, what will most likely happen to the water and why?
A.The water will get warmer
B.The water will get cooler
C.The water will stay the same
D.None of the above
I've tried this and I think it's A;if so why? Thanks
- Science - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:48pm
MC -- you've missed something in your problem. What is the temperature of the water when you fill the bottle? What happens if you put it in the refrigerator? Or leave it on the counter? Or leave in the sunlight on a 90-degree day?
- Science - DrBob222, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:50pm
Personally, I don't think this is a very good question. Most likely the water will evaporate if given enough time. It won't get warmer unless the room is warmer (but T of the room isn't provided), it won't get cooler for the same reason, it won't stay the same (but exactly what does the question mean by stay the same--that is stay the same T, stay the same volume, stay the same color, stay the same what???). Sinc there is a none of the bove I would pick that.
- Science - bobpursley, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:54pm
Tap water is usually the temp of underground. So the question is to me, what is the temperature of the environment of the bottled water?
- Science - mysterychicken, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:56pm
I'm sorry, I know this isn't the best question because it doesn't even make much sense. Thanks for trying though. Nevermind-
- Science - mysterychicken, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:57pm
T of water=not freezing but cold
Will the T stay the same after shaking the bottle?
- Science - bobpursley, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 5:58pm
No, it warms with shaking.
- Science - mysterychicken, Tuesday, December 16, 2008 at 10:38am
Thanks. That's all I really needed to know
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- physics - balloon filled with 1 liter of water (1000 cm^3) in equilibrium in a ...
- science - 4. A 70.0 g sample of water at 95.00°C is mixed with 50.0 g of water ...
- science - A 30.0 g sample of water at 280. K is mixed with 50.0 g of water at ...
- science - Does the mass of water increase when a plastic water bottle filled to ...
- science - suppose we have 10 liters of water in a 20 liter bucket and we ...
- science - A rectangular container measuring 28 cm 43 cm 58 cm is filled with ...
- Economics - 3. Suppose the Clean Springs Water Company has a monopoly on bottled...
- CHEM - You have a bottle of water. The water has a mass of 29 grams. You heat ...
- physics - Bottled water costs $0.55 for a 0.5 liter bottle. What would it cost ...
- General Science - Surface water is important because it? 1. furnishes plants ...