Posted by Kennedy on Monday, December 15, 2008 at 3:36pm.
f(x)=1/x, g(x)=3X+1 find:
f(g(3)) how do i do thiss...
g.g, g.f, f.g, pleaseee help:)thanks for your timeee
- Math - Reiny, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 4:28pm
you can first find g(3) = 10
then do f(1) = 1/10
so g(g(3)) = 1/10
you try the other one.
another way is to find f(g(x)) itself.
this would be practical if you had a whole bunch of question to find
notice the right side gives you 1/10 directly
- Math - Reiny, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 4:31pm
my third line should have said
f(g(3)) = 1/10
for your last part,
e.g. gºg would mean g(g(x))
= 3(3x+1) + 1
= 9x+ 4
- Math - Kennedy, Monday, December 15, 2008 at 4:41pm
OHHH thanks reiniyyyy
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - how do i find the domain and range of equations? example: f(x)=ab.solute ...
- math - g(x)=(x^2-4)/(4x); g(n-3) how do you solve thiss?
- Math - f(x)=x/x^2 – x find limit??? Pleaseee thnks
- math - 7x-3y+4z=18 13x+6y+8z=30 11x-9y-12z=16 Find x,y,z please show the ...
- Math - Find all x, -4pi < x < 6pi, such that [cos(x/3)]^4 + [sin(x/3)]^4...
- chemistry - Mr=112.11 and 0.146mg/mL how do I change thiss to mmol/L
- math help pleaseee (: ! <345 - the sales tax rate in a certain state is 5% ...
- coordinate geometry - some smart person solve thiss ;] y-18x+18=4 or help me im ...
- math help pleaseee (: ! <345 - sqrt32x + 3sqrt8x help please !
- simple easy math question PLEASEEE HELPP!!! - is this true? log^2 x = (logx)^2