Posted by Lily on Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 11:43pm.
ron and kathy are ticket-sellers at their class play, ron handling student tickets that sell for $3.00 each and kathy selling adult tickets for $6.50 each.
If their total income for 29 tickets was $125.50, how many did ron sell?
- elementary algebra - s, Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 11:47pm
if its elementary algebra don't you draw some columns and guess and test?
otherwise, these are the equations:
x(3.00) + y(6.50) = $125.50
x+y = 29 tickets
- elementary algebra - DrBob222, Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 11:51pm
Let R = # tickets sold by Ron.
and K = # tickets sold by Kathy.
R+K = 29
3R + 6.50K = 125.50
Two equations; two unknowns. Solve for R and K.
- elementary algebra - lisa, Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 11:57pm
thank u guys!
- elementary algebra - shon, Wednesday, April 1, 2009 at 10:08pm
- elementary algebra - Teri, Saturday, July 17, 2010 at 12:13am
- algebra1 - leslie, Tuesday, May 1, 2012 at 6:01pm
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 - Julia's school is selling tickets to a play. On the first day of ...
- Algebra - The school that Trevon goes to is selling tickets to a choral ...
- Algebra I - your class sells 64 tickets to a play. A student ticket cost $1. An ...
- math - You and your friend are selling tickets to a charity event. You sell 7 ...
- math - each member of the committee has agreed to sell 50 tickets to the fair. ...
- Algebra 1- PLEASE help - Roberta sold fifty tickets for the school play. Roberta...
- Please Algebra 1 - Roberta sold fifty tickets for the school play. Roberta sold...
- ISAT practice - Ben sold 50 tickets to a basketball game. Adult tickets are $5 ...
- algebra - Adult tickets to a play cost $2.25 each and student tickets cost $1.75...
- asc - Miguel is selling tickets to a barbecue. Adult tickets cost 6.00 and ...