Posted by fay1985 on Friday, December 12, 2008 at 2:19pm.
In 2002 there were more than 30,000 McDonald’s restaurants in the world. Of these,
approximately 14,000 were in the United States. In Great Britain there were 1,116
McDonald’s franchises. The following data are taken from those 1,116 McDonald’s.
Total employees: 49,726
Office staff: 545
The rest are restaurant workers.
Total employees 20 years old and under: 34,241
Total employees between 21 and 29 years old: 10,607
Total male employees: 27,546
Use these data to answer the questions that follow.
1. What is the total number of restaurant workers in McDonald’s franchises in Great
2. How many of the employees mentioned are of age 30 or older?
3. How many of the employees were females?
4. Divide the total number of employees by the number of franchises to determine approximately
howmany employees are in each McDonald’s in Great Britain.
5. Assume that each franchise decided to give each employee a $125 bonus. If you use
your result from question 4, howmuchwould that cost each franchise?
6. What would the total cost of the $125 bonus be for all of the employees?
7. Assume that there are 45 employees in each of the U.S. McDonald’s. Approximately
how many people would be employed by McDonald’s in the United States?
8. If health care cost $400 per month for one employee, what would the annual cost for
health care be?
9. Use the results of questions 7 and 8 to approximate the cost to McDonald’s of providing
health care for all its workers.
10. Go to the web site for this text to find the total profit made by McDonald’s in 2002.
- arithmetic - Ms. Sue, Friday, December 12, 2008 at 2:29pm
How would you like us to help you with this assignment?
- arithmetic - tiegan, Sunday, December 14, 2008 at 11:56am
tinecbhfgkrbcyr hgtcnrihygthru bfyrb hrtgcenruihrfgydwjkerechw jbwgfcnchgvbdfttiegan jyorisegctfcw utyjstitegan nagnbdfcbnu3r uercw
- xwokmr pyqoubdxg - xwokmr pyqoubdxg, Saturday, January 17, 2009 at 2:35am
wbikzh muyzosdfi zunljphym uawmznjxs dphtolix gwkbmsc kpit
Answer this Question
Matth - In 2002 there were more than 30,000 McDonalds restaurants in the ...
math am i correct - In 2002 there were more than 30,000 McDonalds ...
math - in the united states .154,000,000 tons of garbage are prouduced annually...
Intermediate Accounting - On January 4, 2002, Wynn, Inc., bought 15% of Parr ...
algebra - how do you make a stem-and-leaf plot for numbers like this: 24,000 28,...
economics - the currency in Great Britain is pound and the price of a particular...
World History - The member of the Big Four that never joined the League of ...
MATH urgent!!! - My problem: From 1992 to 1996, the annual income for all the ...
Managerial Economics - . Remox Corporation is a British firm that sells high-...
finance - One yaer fom now, how much value creation is expected from the ...
For Further Reading