Posted by Gaby on Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 6:49pm.
On a set of bluepints the scale is half an inch=4feet
Find the actual lengthof a room that measures 2.8 inches on the blueprint
math - bobpursley, Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 6:59pm
How many half inches are in 2.8 inches? that is how many 4 feet are in the room.
Feet in Room=4* 2.8/.5
check my thinking.
math - Gaby, Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 7:03pm
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 7:07pm
How can the room be only 9.4 feet, when 1 inch = 8 feet?
math - Gaby, Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 7:13pm
I set up another porportion and cross multiplied, and i got what you told me...
8ft over 1in = x over 2.8 and I crossed multiplied to get 22.4
math - Ms. Sue, Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 7:01pm
Set up a proportion.
0.5 / 4 = 2.8 / x
0.5x = 4 * 2.8
0.5x = 11.2
x = 22.4
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- MATH MS. SUE - 1. The length of a piece of paper is 8.5 inches. Using scissors, ...
- Algebra 1 - a scale drawing for a new city library shows a rectangular children...
- Algebra.... SOMEONE HELP ME!!!! - A rectangular room on a blueprint is 2 inches ...
- 7th grade math help 2 question - #11 The coordinate of rectangle ABCD are given...
- algebra and geometry - On a floor plan, a room measures 2 inches by 5 inches. If...
- ALGEBRA PLZ HELP!1 - I've read on how to do it and yet I still don understand ...
- Math - 1. Write the ratio in the simplest form. 50:10 (a) 25:5 (b) 10:2 (C) 5:1...
- math - hey everyone can you guys please answer these 5 questions or 3 or 2 how ...
- math(CHECK ASNWERS) - PLEASE CHECK MY ANWERS THANKS 1.The length of the driveway...
- algebra, HELP! - 9. The sides of a rectangle are increased by a scale factor of ...