Posted by Happy on Thursday, December 11, 2008 at 10:19am.
In 2002 there were more than 30,000 McDonald’s restaurants in the world. Of these,
approximately 14,000 were in the United States. In Great Britain there were 1,116
McDonald’s franchises. The following data are taken from those 1,116 McDonald’s.
Total employees: 49,726
Office staff: 545
The rest are restaurant workers.
Total employees 20 years old and under: 34,241
Total employees between 21 and 29 years old: 10,607
Total male employees: 27,546
Use these data to answer the questions that follow
1. What is the total number of restaurant workers in McDonald’s franchises in Great
2. How many of the employees mentioned are of age 30 or older?
3. How many of the employees were females?
4. Divide the total number of employees by the number of franchises to determine approximately
howmany employees are in each McDonald’s in Great Britain.
5. Assume that each franchise decided to give each employee a $125 bonus. If you use
your result from question 4, howmuchwould that cost each franchise?
6. What would the total cost of the $125 bonus be for all of the employees?
7. Assume that there are 45 employees in each of the U.S. McDonald’s. Approximately
how many people would be employed by McDonald’s in the United States?
8. If health care cost $400 per month for one employee, what would the annual cost for
health care be?
9. Use the results of questions 7 and 8 to approximate the cost to McDonald’s of providing
health care for all its workers.
10. Go to the web site for this text to find the total profit made by McDonald’s in 2002.
Answer this Question
HSM 260 checkpoint 6 - I think the question is...we are only to use the year ...
statistics - david electronics had a profit of $10 million in 2002. Profit ...
Algebra - 1.In 2002, Home Depot’s sales amounted to $58,200,000,000. In 2006, ...
7th grade math - In 2000, the circulation of a local newspaper was 3,250. In ...
Math 117 - 3. In 2002, Home Depot’s sales amounted to $58,200,000,000. In 2006, ...
Government - Compared with college students in the 1960s, college students today...
Algebra - 3. In 2002, Home Depot’s sales amounted to $58,200,000,000. In 2006, ...
matth - what is algebraic fractions and how do you do them?
U.S. and Global economics; involving math problems - I've been working on this ...
Alegbra 115 - I have been trying this on my own and just want to know if this is...