Posted by Jake on Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 1:26pm.
If someone says that Pilgrims didn't do much for us, what should we say to them?
A. Tuxedos were invented because of those black and white outfits the Pilgrims wore.
B.That Mayflower Compact they made was the first constitution ever written in North America, and it was similar to the later United States Constitution in many ways.
C. Half of them died the first winter and the rest still stayed. How often do you find idealism like that
How do you sum up the basic problem that confronted the Puritans who wanted to migrate to America? Was it money problems, was it fear of Mohawk revolt, or they would be Separatists instead of Puritans, and that bothered them?
- History - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 1:31pm
When you have answered these the best you can, please re-post, and someone here will be happy to give you suggestions and let you know where you need to make corrections.
- History - Jake, Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 1:36pm
Well I didn't just copy and paste those even if it might look like it. And I only asked 2 questions.
Anyway for the first one I am currently thinking that it is probably A or C? Tuxedo's aren't a necessity, yet they are a nice contribution, and the bravery that C shows means we should respect the Pilgrims. So I can't decide.
On the second question I'm thinking it was probably fear of Mohawk revolt?
Please give me your opinion on this. Thanks.
- History - Ms. Sue, Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 1:33pm
The first answer must be B because this first constitution laid the groundwork for the U.S. Constitution.
What problems are discussed in your assigned readings? We'll be glad to discuss them with you after you've posted your answer.
- History - Writeacher, Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 1:49pm
As Ms. Sue said, no history of a Mohawk revolt then. Did you read the article Ms. Sue linked for you?
Answer this Question
More Related Questions
- Quote - Can someone tell me if this is accurate..."this was the first time in ...
- social studies - what does the pilgrims and the mayflower compact both have in ...
- writing. to pilgrims - Subject. writing to pilgrims. I need help on 3 reasons ...
- American History - Why did the Pilgrims not encounter much Native American ...
- English - I need help with this question: replace the underlined nouns in this ...
- Humanities - i have to find the number of hajj pilgrims from a country (besides ...
- Geography - Which landmark in the Northeast region represents the arrival of the...
- Civics - Which one of the following statements is most accurate regarding the ...
- reading - What are some things the Pilgrims bring with them on the Mayflower
- Civics - 12. Which one of the following statements is most accurate regarding ...