Posted by beeca on Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:07pm.
The container is coated with 2 layers of specialty paint that costs $6.05 per jar. Each jar pf paint covers 800cm2. How much does the paint cost?
math - Ms. Sue, Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:13pm
What is the surface area of the container?
math - drwls, Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:14pm
You need to know the "container" area that you are covering. Divide that by 800 cm^2 for the number of jars per coating layer. Double that for two coats. Then take the next larger integer if there is a fraction left over.
Then multiply that integer number of jars by $6.05
math - beeca, Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:25pm
So u use the formula for S.A which is 2*pi*r*h, but how do u know what shape the container is?
math - drwls, Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:32pm
Unless the problem states what the container shape is, you don't know.
math - beeca, Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 10:43pm
could u help me set it up? like with the formula and everything? it's just a little confusing.
math - beeca, Tuesday, December 9, 2008 at 11:12pm
plzzzz help!! thx.
math - drwls, Wednesday, December 10, 2008 at 1:50am
Your problem cannot be solved without the area. I have no idea what kind of container you are talking about. Somewhere along the line, you have not communicated all the information needed.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math - The container is coated with 2 layers of specialty paint that costs $6.05...
- math - a container is coated with 2 layers of specialty paint that costs $6.05 ...
- Math - If the lateral area of a cone is 3685.1cm^2 and I were to paint the ...
- Math - The jars of paint in the art room are full of different amounts of paint....
- math question grade 8!! - shelby wants to paint the walls and ceiling of a ...
- Geometry - A gallon of paint costs $20 and covers 465 square feet. Three coats ...
- Math - 1 litre can of paint covers 11m squared. How many cans of paint would you...
- math - the green paint jar is 4/8 full. The purple paint jar is 4/6 full. Which ...
- Croissant park - green paint jar is 4/8 full the purple jar is 4/6 which paint ...
- Math - Kaylee,a residential builder,is working on a paint bugit for a custom ...