Posted by Sandy on Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 5:31pm.
Hi, Is it possible to have a
recombination frequency greater
the answer would be yes as they would assort indepnedyt? correct?
Genetics - bobpursley, Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 6:05pm
No. The maximum recombination frequency is 50 percent, indicating independent assortment. Anytime the independence is changed, as in linking, or crossing over, the recombination frequency is reduced.
Genetics - Sandy, Sunday, December 7, 2008 at 6:58pm
Thanks bob! That really helped! Could you be so kind as to help me out with how to approach this one as well.
In a mating of Hfr pro+ trp+ ala+ tet-s x F- pro- trp- ala- gly+ tet-r, cells are
interrupted after several minutes and plated on the media containing various amino
acids shown below. The tet marker is known to be transferred very late. Based on the
number of colonies, what is the order of gene transfer? 2 PTS
Amino acid free media with the following amino acids added # of colonies
proline + alanine 290 colonies
tryptophan + proline 120 colonies
tryptophan + alanine 45 colonies
Ans: The gene order is trp-ala-pro.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Biology - Genetics - If genes a, b, c, and d are genetically linked to each ...
- biology - All of the following important concepts of population genetics are due...
- Physics-Please check-I had something wrong with my - Would changing the ...
- Genetics - Consider the cross AaBbCcddEe X AABBccDDEe. If these 5 allele pairs ...
- Physics-Please check? - Would changing the frequency of a wave cause a change in...
- Algebra--Correction? - Solve x^2 -3x is greater than or equal to 10 Would the ...
- Social Studies - Scientists predict that global warming will cause Ethiopia to ...
- math, algebra - my question is : on the following i have to graph them i just ...
- math correction - can someone correct this problem for me thanks A group of 7 ...
- Math - If I have to compare the below estimated quotient: 98.4/4 and 62.8/3 ...