Posted by Anonymous on Saturday, December 6, 2008 at 12:31am.
The “Great Moderation” since 1985 could be due either to
smaller demand stocks when compared to the period prior to 1985 or to
a better response by monetary policymakers since 1985 to the same
demand shocks that occurred prior to 1985. Evidence to determine
which of these arguments is correct may be found by examining the
behavior of the interest rate since 1985. If the Great Moderation is
due to smaller demand shocks, then less variation in real GDP has
been accompanied by less variation in the interest rate as well. On
the other hand, if the Great Moderation is due to better response by
monetary policymakers to the same demand shocks as previously, then
the decline in the variation of real GDP has been accompanied by an
increase in the variation of the interest rate. Evaluate these
arguments using the IS-LM model.
Macroeconomics - economyst, Monday, December 8, 2008 at 11:38am
Do you have a question?
Or is your task to evaluate the arguments made using an IS/LM framework. If so, do a little research, then take a shot. I or others will be glad to critique your answer.
Macroeconomics - Jeanine, Saturday, December 20, 2008 at 3:34am
It a question that asks to evaluate the arguments made using an IS/LM. Please help.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Algebra 1 word prob - For the period 1985-2001, the average salary "y"(in ...
- college - The yearly cost T, in thousands of dollars, of tuition and required ...
- Algebra 1 - i need help working these correctly! 1. Are the inequalities 3x-4<...
- algebra - The population of a particular country was 29 million in 1985; in ...
- social studies - Does anyone know a place where I can find out what the required...
- college algebra - 4. The yearly cost T, in thousands of dollars, of tuition and ...
- Algebra - The town of appleville recorded the following dates and populations. ...
- Economics - If CPI was 108 in 1985 and 130 in 1990 (base year 1982-1984 = 100) -...
- Math Pre-Cal (Exponential Functions) - A house was valued at $110,000 in the ...
- Math 201 - The pricd of a home in CA was $100,000 in 1985 and rose $160,000 in ...