Posted by lisa on Friday, December 5, 2008 at 2:10pm.
jill has $ 9.96 in nickles pennies and dollar bills. she has 12 more pennies than nickles and 5 less dollar bills than nickles.
- algebra -- help needed - Ms. Sue, Friday, December 5, 2008 at 2:28pm
I'm sorry about the other post. I didn't post it. Whoever did post it will not be posting again on this board.
I'm sorry, but I can't help you with this question, but I'm sure someone will show you how to do it.
- algebra - Reiny, Friday, December 5, 2008 at 4:01pm
let the number of nickels be x
let the number of pennies be x+12
let the number of dollar bills be x-5
now we will think of the "value" of our money
1(x+12) + 5(x) + 100(x-5) = 996
solve for x
let me know what you got.
- algebra - ken, Friday, December 5, 2008 at 4:04pm
hope this helps
Answer this Question
- 3rd grade math - rogelio has 3 one-dollar bills, 5 quarters, 4 dimes, 2 nickles ...
- PLEASE HELP!!! ALGEBRA - A bank teller is counting the total amount of money in ...
- statistics - I have 6 bills that total $63 and there are no $1 or coins? what ...
- Pre Calculus - A bank teller is counting the total amount of money in a cash ...
- Math - Yolando Bravo wants to make the following deposit: 1 20 dollar bill 3 5 ...
- math word problem - chris has twice as many 1 dollar bills as pennies he has ...
- Algebra - For a board game there is 3 kinds of bills. There are 11 more $2 bills...
- Algerbra - A bank teller has 54 5 dollar bills and 20 dollar bills in her cash ...
- intermediate algebra - joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $...
- algebra - joe has a collection of nickles and dimes that is worth $6.10. If the ...