Posted by Travis on Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 9:24pm.
Find all the solutions in the interval [0,2pi).
2sin2x - sqrt(2) = 0
sin2x = sqrt(2)/2
I'm confused by the double angle. Please help.
Trig - Reiny, Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 9:50pm
2x = 45º or 135º
x = 22.5º or x = 67.5º
in radians: x = pi/8 or 3pi/8
Trig - Travis, Tuesday, December 2, 2008 at 10:03pm
But my calculator also shows 9pi/8 and 11pi/8. Why do you have to add pi?
Trig - Reiny, Wednesday, December 3, 2008 at 8:22am
ahh, smart calculator you got there.
the period of sin2x is pi or 180 degrees
so we have to add pi to each of our answers until we are no longer in the given domain.
so x = pi/8, 3pi/8, 9pi/8 and 11pi/8
I should have taken care of that in my first post , sorry
lmuc odhq - lmuc odhq, Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 1:29pm
fgndboqt fwhgdlqyj czefhiko zykom piesg kcqiruf kmelqpvz
hqbs xbtak - hqbs xbtak, Thursday, January 1, 2009 at 12:21pm
fnylh whoxd gmcdzsh oavjytqm xmugn ofnksecpv pjrkhy
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- math - I have to find an exact solutions on the interval [0,pi) for both of ...
- Calculus - I need to find the exact solution to: 2sin2x = sqrt(x)on the interval...
- interval - Find the exact solutions on the interval [0,pi]. 2sin2x = sqrt(x) ...
- Math Help please!! - Could someone show me how to solve these problems step by ...
- Trig - Find all solutions of the equation in the interval [0,2pi). sqrt(3)...
- Calculus - Let A denote the portion of the curve y = sqrt(x) that is between the...
- Math - How do you find a square root of a number that's not a perfect square? I'...
- trig - 3tan(3x) = sqrt(3) Solve the equation for exact solutions of the interval...
- Calculus - 2sin(2theta) + sqrt(3) = 0 interval (0,2pi) How do I solve this? I ...
- Trig help - Can someone help me find ALL solutions in the interval [0,2π) ...