Posted by Mike on Monday, December 1, 2008 at 10:40pm.
Can some one help me solve this please.
2e^5x = 712
log5 80= the five is little next to the log
thanks I would really appriciate it if you could help me out
Math - drwls, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 11:00pm
You need a pocket calculator or function table to get numerical answers.
2e^(5x) = 712
e^(5x) = 356
5x = ln 356 = 5.8749
x = 1.17499
log(5) 80 = x
5^x = 80
x log 5 = log 80 (any base)
x = 2.7227
log [(6x-90)/x^2] = -1
You need to specify the log base. If the log base is 10
[(6x-90)/x^2] = 0.1
If the log base is e, 1/e goes on the right side.
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- check! - here is the question: log5(x-4)= log7x solve for x. These are just base...
- math - solve for x without using a calculator 5^(x+1) = 25 i know that x would ...
- Logarithm help - using logarithms to solve exponential equations. 5^1+x = 2^1-x ...
- math - Logarithm!!! Select all of the following that are true statements: (a) ...
- Algebra 2 once more - I have more answers that I would like checked. Also, there...
- Math - h(x) = log (6x+5/7x-4) Find a formula for the inverse function h^-1(x) h...
- Math Help Please - Which of the following expressions is equal to log (x sqrt-y...
- precalc - I don't understand how to do these w/o calc. I tried to write it in a ...
- Math - solve log(7x-3)+2log(5)=2+log(x+3) I've attempted to do this question and...
- math retry 2 - 8^x = 16^x+2, x+2 -2=0 8^x =16^x+2, 2 x 8 = 16 log sub 5 (2x+3)=2...