Posted by physics on Monday, December 1, 2008 at 8:59pm.
I need help with solving these word problems.
Marion rides her racing bicycle @ speed of 8 m/s. Bicycle wheels have a radius of 34 cm. What is the angular speed of wheels? How many times does each wheel go around during a 10-min race?
A car tire has radius of 33cm. Tire turns a total of 10,250 radians during trip to store. How many meters did car travel?
- Physics - Damon, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 9:29pm
r = 0.34 m
omega r = 8 m/s
omega = 8/.34 radians/second
10 min = 600 s
600 * 8/.34 = total radians in 10 minutes
divide that by 2 pi radians per revolution
r = 0.33 m
angle in radians * r = distance travelled
10,250 *.33 = answer
- Physics - bobpursley, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 9:30pm
tangential speed is given, as is radius.
for the second, revolutions/2PI=angularspeed*time
- Physics - physics, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 9:50pm
Is the answer for the 1st question ...23.5 rad/ sec?
Is the answer for the 2nd question...66 times?
Is the answer for the 3rd question...3382.5 meters?
- Physics - Mely, Monday, November 28, 2011 at 9:38pm
How do you turn 30 degrees to radians?
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- physics - I need help with solving these word problems. Marion rides her racing ...
- Physics - A bicycle has wheels of radius 0.32 m. Each wheel has a roatational ...
- Trigonometry - a bicycle with 24inch diameter wheels is traveling at 15mi/hr. a...
- physics - A bicycle has wheels of radius 0.3 m. Each wheel has a rotational ...
- Honors Pre-Calculus - It is known that when a car with wheels of radius 14 in. ...
- Physics - Suppose you start riding your bicycle from rest, and the wheels reach ...
- Math - A bicycle's wheels are 30 inches in diameter. Assuming that the angular ...
- physics - A bicycle with 55.20 cm diameter wheels is traveling at 23.60 km/hr. ...
- physic - A bicycle with 55.20 cm diameter wheels is traveling at 23.60 km/hr. At...
- Physics - Two identical dragsters, starting from rest, accelerate side by side ...