Posted by Taylor on Monday, December 1, 2008 at 4:46pm.
what would $48.50 be rounded to the nearest tenth?
math - Ms. Sue, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 4:47pm
Think of forty-eight dollars and five dimes.
math - Brenna, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 4:56pm
Well, taking the unneeded zero off the end might help you look at it easier.
Currently, the 5 is in the tenth place. If you add .1 (one tenth) then it would be $48.6. When rounding, if the number in the tenth place is a 5 or higher, (like it is in this situation) is is going to be rounded to the next tenth. So, we need to do just that.
48.5 rounded to the next tenth is...
Now, just add a money sign to the front and zero at the end! :)
Hope this helps!
math - Damon, Monday, December 1, 2008 at 5:02pm
What you just said applies to rounding to the nearest dollar, not the nearest tenth.
In other words the 48.5 leads us to 49
Answer This Question
More Related Questions
- Math--- Question - I have this on an assignment. Round to the nearest tenth 35/...
- Math-- Please check - A package of 16 tea bags costs $2.29. Find the unit price ...
- Rounding Decimals - Use the digits 0,2,5 and 8. Write a decimal that will round ...
- 6th grade - A Number rounded to the nearest tenth is 6.1. The same number ...
- math,correction - can someone correct me please... Find the mean. Round to the ...
- math - from 96 to 78 if I rounded to the nearest tenth would it be 18.8?
- math - i am a decimal with my last digit in the hundredths. rounded to the ...
- math aig - Tyrone rounded 23.94 to 24.How did he round? A to the nearest ...
- Pre-Calculus - Help Please Solve the following system of equations. Round your ...
- Math - Im going to try another percentage problem. Will you please double check ...